Recent Topics

1 Oct 25, 2005 04:37    

I am new the b2. I love it. But I check the post still not figure out..

In the admin page top right. there is a link Exit to blog. When I click that. I got this page can not be found. I check the link url is www.mysite/blog. How and where should edit so the link can link to the default page. Now I can only use www.mysite/blog/index.php?blog=2 to access the blog.

Thanks for any help...

2 Oct 25, 2005 15:11

Do you have one of your blogs set as the 'Default on index.php' blog? If you give a link to your site we might be more able to help.

3 Oct 25, 2005 20:26

thanks. Personman

No. I do not know how to set a default page for the blog. I just install the b2 blog on default url. After that I have no idea where to set a default page. Here is my link.

www.dunbaado.com/blogs/index.php?blog=2

1) I just put the blog under folder www.dunbaado.com/blogs. nothing change.

2) From admin back office top right. Exit to blog not link to the default page. Maybe I did not set up a default. but I do not know how :'(

4 Oct 25, 2005 20:49

Go to the Blogs tab in the back office. Select your blog. Under Preferred access type choose 'Default blog on index.php'. Save and now you don't have to go to index.php?blog=2, you can just go to index.php . But that's only part of the problem.

When you go to http://www.dunbaado.com/blogs/ it should be displaying the index.php file by default, but it's not. It's trying to do a directory listing, which isn't working. That's a problem with your server. You might ask your web host about it. Or, if you're using Apache, you can create a text file called .htaccess (no .txt on the end) and put this line in it:

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.htm
  </IfModule>

Then upload the file to the blogs folder.

5 Oct 26, 2005 00:12

My problem you clearly addressed. I will try to fix it.

Thanks again, Personman. You are so helpful. ;)

Form is loading...