Recent Topics

1 Oct 27, 2005 20:01    

Hi all. Very new to the forum but have been running B2Evo for a while, and rather well I might add.

Now here's my question and it 2 parts really:
Why aren't my 2 blogs exclusive of each other? I don't want the content of my linkblog to be shown in the main blog.

second, how do I remove the categories of my linkblog from the main page?

Please, I think this should be simple enough to do, but i can't figure it out!

Thanks,
Jason

2 Oct 27, 2005 20:26

Is this because my main blog is number 1!? I kept on reading and learned that Blog 1 is teh repository for all of the other blogs. If that's the case is there away to tchange this, or switch the posts to another blog without loosing them all?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Jason

3 Oct 27, 2005 21:11

Yes, it sounds like you shouldn't be using blog1 as your main blog. You should set a new blog as your default blog (in the backoffice under the "Blogs" tab, click on the blog you want to be the default and then modify its settings).

In your default blog you can also choose the default Linkblog to display. Pick "None". But by design, a Linkblog is a blog full of links which you can insert into your main blog. If this isn't how you want to use it it's up to you.

You can search the forums for ways to move posts between blogs. If you don't have many posts it may be easiest to just copy and paste, but there are other solutions available.

4 Oct 28, 2005 16:50

Thanks Nate.
I have a ton of posts to move over. I will start searching the forum for adive on how to best do this!

Thanks!
Jason

5 Oct 31, 2005 17:57

I *think* that if you enable cross-posting, you can edit your posts and move them to another blog. I haven't done this, though, so I don't know for sure.

It wouldn't be hard to do directly in the database, just by changing the category number assigned to each entry to a category that is part of a different blog.

Form is loading...