Recent Topics

1 Oct 28, 2005 17:39    

Hi Folks. Can anyone tell me if this is possible?
I have been running everything out of Blog 1 for a while now, and want to add 2 other blogs, that wouldn't be seen by viewers of my main blog, which is Blog 1.
I didn't notice that blog 1 is the repository for all the other blogs, and have almost 9 months of posting there that I'd like to move into another blog, allowing me to have 3 seperate blogs(let's call them blogs 2, 3 & 4) that would then be compiled in the main blog, (blog 1) without loosing the posts that are now in blog 1.

I am not SQL savvy at all, and am pretty sure this is where this would have to happen.

Help please!

Jason

2 Oct 28, 2005 18:05

All you really need to do is move all of your categories that are in blog 1 to your new blog (let's assume you're moving them to blog 2).

The categories are stored in a table in your database called evo_categories. Each category is assigned to a blog in the column cat_blog_ID. So, find that column and change all the ones to twos. Posts are assigned to categories, and categories to blog, so moving the category to another blog is all you need to do.

3 Oct 28, 2005 18:37

Thanks! But I have one little question; how can I change the DB info?

I am *not* sure how to work in SQL at all.

=)

Thanks again!
Jason

4 Oct 28, 2005 18:42

Never mind! I figured it out! Thanks a million - It worked like a charm!

Jason

Form is loading...