Recent Topics

1 Nov 03, 2005 21:35    

I`m unable to complete the installation and get by the base configuration page.

I have upgraded the configfile several times and have changed [i]$allow_evodb_reset = 0;
to $allow_evodb_reset = 1; [/i]but I`m stucked in a loop. Time after time I`m beeing told to update the configfile.

Anyone who can help?

Bolla

2 Nov 03, 2005 21:48

Try making the config file writeable and then let b2evolution change it. Then reset the permissions on the file so it's not writable. Failing that, you might take a look at this setting:

$config_is_done = 1;

It should be 1 if you're done setting up the config file. If it's still set as 0, then it will keep showing you the install page.

3 Nov 04, 2005 10:24

Thanks!
But now the default homepage for b2evo is displayed. Im unable to move anywhere else. And I cant log in to backoffice because I didn`t finish setup and general settings.

Anyone having an ide what to do?

Bolla

4 Nov 04, 2005 14:56

Don't change config_is_done to 1 until you have actually finished the config steps. Is there some reason you're not able to do the setup as it's normally done?

5 Nov 04, 2005 16:39

I dont know.

I get this message after baseconfiq

We cannot automatically update your config file

And:

You can allow the installer to update the config file by changing its permissions Alternatively, you can update the config file manually:

I have chosed alt 2 since I dont manage chmod.

Afther manually updating I get the How do you want to install b2evolution?-page. I choose New Install and get this message:

MySQL error!

Table 'evo_groups' already exists(Errno=1050)

Your query:
CREATE TABLE evo_groups ( grp_ID int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, grp_name varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', grp_perm_blogs enum('user','viewall','editall') NOT NULL default 'user', grp_perm_stats enum('none','view','edit') NOT NULL default 'none', grp_perm_spamblacklist enum('none','view','edit') NOT NULL default 'none', grp_perm_options enum('none','view','edit') NOT NULL default 'none', grp_perm_users enum('none','view','edit') NOT NULL default 'none', grp_perm_templates TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, PRIMARY KEY grp_ID (grp_ID) )

And thats as far as I get. 8|

6 Nov 04, 2005 16:50

What do you mean, you 'don't mananage chmod'? If you can edit the file you should be able to change its permissions, right? Is this a new install of b2evolution? Maybe you need to empty the database, reupload the files and start again. Or you could try it one more time and choose upgrade from previous version of b2evolution rather than new install. You can't choose new install if the database tables have already been created.

7 Nov 04, 2005 18:59

I appritiate your patient!

I`m not familliar with using chmod. But I have changed config manually in texteditor. Still I end up at the baseconfig-site or the new-installation-site.

Yes, its a new installation. I have tried the upgrade-function. I also have deleted my MySQL-base and created new. The b2evo-files are also uploaded again. But its still not working!

And I`m new with homepage and blogging 8|

Bolla

8 Nov 04, 2005 19:51

Ok, so you probably can change the file permissions, but you're not sure how to do it. Are you accessing your web space with an FTP client? If so, what client are you using? I use [url=http://filezilla.sf.net]Filezilla[/url]. It's free. If you want to install that I can tell you how to change permissions in it. Then we'll start over with a new database and reuploading the files.

9 Nov 04, 2005 20:10

Filezilla is the program Im using yes.

Bolla

10 Nov 06, 2005 23:17

I found out how to use chmod in Filezilla. So now Im up and running with my blog :lol:

Thanks!

Bolla

Form is loading...