Recent Topics

1 Nov 07, 2005 07:22    

I know it's possible to switch between three styles in the admin backoffice -- Variation, Desert and Legacy -- using the style switcher, but is it possible to set it permanently to Legacy -- or a custom style -- and not allow users/other bloggers to choose their own style?

In other words, how do you change the backoffice default style?

2 Nov 07, 2005 15:58

Open /admin/_menutop.php and find this part:

<link href="variation.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="Variation" />
        <link href="desert.css" rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" title="Desert" />
        <link href="legacy.css" rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" title="Legacy" />
        <?php if( is_file( dirname(__FILE__).'/custom.css' ) ) { ?>
        <link href="custom.css" rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" title="Custom" />
        <?php } ?>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="styleswitcher.js"></script>

Assuming you want to only allow variation.css, change it to:

<link href="variation.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="Variation" />

Then you would want to find in that same file:

<?php echo T_('Style:') ?>
                <a href="#" onclick="setActiveStyleSheet('Variation'); return false;" title="Variation (Default)">V</a>&middot;<a href="#" onclick="setActiveStyleSheet('Desert'); return false;" title="Desert">D</a>&middot;<a href="#" onclick="setActiveStyleSheet('Legacy'); return false;" title="Legacy">L</a><?php if( is_file( dirname(__FILE__).'/custom.css' ) ) { ?>&middot;<a href="#" onclick="setActiveStyleSheet('Custom'); return false;" title="Custom">C</a><?php } ?>
                &bull;

And delete that section.

3 Nov 08, 2005 00:20

Thanks for the advice. I tested it out, but unfortunately I couldn't get it to work.

After editing _menutop.php, the backoffice no longer gives you the choice of switching between different skins -- as planned -- but it doesn't preserve the chosen stylesheet at all. Everything is stripped back to the basic interface, with no style elements whatsoever.

I tried it with two different styles (I actually want to set "Legacy" as the default style) but none of them worked. :(

4 Nov 08, 2005 00:20

Thanks for the advice. I tested it out, but unfortunately I couldn't get it to work.

After editing _menutop.php, the backoffice no longer gives you the choice of switching between different skins -- as planned -- but it doesn't preserve the chosen stylesheet at all. Everything is stripped back to the basic interface, with no style elements whatsoever.

I tried it with two different styles (I actually want to set "Legacy" as the default style) but none of them worked. :(

5 Nov 08, 2005 03:16

Make sure it says rel="stylesheet", not rel="alternate stylesheet"

6 Nov 08, 2005 06:21

you're a genius. that was exactly the problem. i should have paid closer attention. i even managed to get it to default to my preffered skin -- legacy -- by substituting "legacy" for "variation."

many, many thanks. :D

<link href="legacy.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="Legacy" />

Form is loading...