Recent Topics

1 Nov 14, 2005 13:32    

I have switched off all posts appearing in the main blog, but they still do. How can I stop this>

Also, the entire text of a post is appearing down the right side as well as th main body. Don't know what's wrong here.

2 Nov 14, 2005 15:14

What do you mean by 'switched off'? Did you delete them? For the second problem you'll need to give a link to your site so we can see what you're talking about.

3 Nov 14, 2005 17:21

In the settings there's a checkbox. If I clear it its supposed to stop all of the blog entries appeairing in the main blog. But they still do. I don't wnat that.
As gor the other, you can see what I mean at www.britishblogger.co.uk
Cheers

4 Nov 14, 2005 17:28

I still don't know what checkbox you're talking about. Can you tell me exactly how it's labeled?

5 Nov 14, 2005 17:29

The text in the right-hand sidebar is coming from a linkblog. In the backoffice go to the blogs tab, select the Grumpy old man's blog, then find the Linkblog dropdown box and change it to another blog or none.

6 Nov 14, 2005 17:45

That worked cool. Thank you.

The button is marked Include in public blog list and is right where I have just been.

7 Nov 14, 2005 17:51

The public blog list is the list of blogs at the top of the page. It shows readers the other blogs that you have. Look at the very top of the page, where you have 'FOBBlog', then go check that box in your other blogs and they'll appear up there, too. Is that what you're talking about, or are you trying to keep posts from the other blogs from showing up in http://www.britishblogger.co.uk/index.php?blog=1 ?

8 Nov 14, 2005 17:54

That's right. I want the gomblog to appear, and the others to appear only if you click on the link to view them.

9 Nov 14, 2005 17:59

Blog 1 is a special blog that includes all posts from all blogs. If you don't want this feature, then just don't use this blog. Rename it to All Blog Posts or something, then create a new blog and rename it to be the Grumpy one and copy and paste your posts there.

10 Nov 14, 2005 18:05

I see.
I have also been looking for the control that makes the whole message not appear, but rather just the first few lines, then you click on that to view the rest of the message. I can;t find how you do this though. Is that easy?

11 Nov 14, 2005 18:09

You can do that on a post-by-post basis, by using the !M button. It inserts a comment in your post, which b2evolution converts to a "Read More" button when it is displayed.

I don't think there's a way (without hacking) to do it for all posts automatically. It probably wouldn't be hard to implement with a little custom code in a skin, though.

12 Nov 14, 2005 18:10

Sure, it's pretty easy. Type the first few lines of your post, the ones you want to appear on the main page, then look in the toolbar above the writing area. Click on the button up there that says "!M". It will add a tag to your post. Then write the rest of your post after that tag. b2evolution will handle the rest.

13 Nov 14, 2005 18:18

Cool. I'm getting there!
I just created a new blog though and even though I set the skin to the same as the others, it appears as if it has no skin at all.
Is there something else I have to do?

15 Nov 14, 2005 21:28

OK There is a large date above the first post on the page. It is in the format 2005 etc . Is there any way to change that to a British format?
14, 11 2005

16 Nov 14, 2005 21:36

In the backoffice, go to the settings tab, then the Regional subtab. Click on EN-UK and you can edit the locale. Follow the instructions at the bottom of the page to format the date how you want it. Then save. Make sure that the Regional subtab has EN-UK set as your default locale.

18 Nov 15, 2005 00:51

You're right. I'm far too impatient.
Sorry.

Form is loading...