I'm having some installion problems with b2evo and was wondering if someone could help answer a few general questions I have. Firstly, I have some experience with PHP & MySql, but am no more than a beginner at best.
Ok, so this is the scenario. I created a DB using MySQL on a local windows server, called it b2evolution(like instructions said). I uploaded all of the files to my remote host, and can access both the index.php & the phpinfo.php fine.
When I goto start the quick install, it comes back with this:
Error establishing a database connection!
(Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111))
1. Are you sure you have typed the correct user/password?
2. Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
3. Are you sure that the database server is running?
So my questions are.
1) I know my provider has PHP, and I have that enabled. Do I need to do anything special to have a MySQL database run?
2) When I created the DB, it put in a folder called "b2evolution", but the file name itself is just db.opt. Do I put the whole folder inside the blog folder? or do I need to point to the db.opt itself?
3) Am I over looking anything? I know this is a broad question, but I'm thinking I'm just missing something minor. From the phpinfo file everything looks like it's setup fine.
Any help would be great :D