Recent Topics

1 Dec 08, 2005 06:44    

Hello,

I have a b2e blog set up works fine, skinned it everythings groovy. 'Cept that I don't like the way the links blog works. I only have one main blog and one links blog and I would like to keep it that way. Check it out here http://www.gorrrd.com/

So at the top of the page you see Gorrrd.com and Links. Gorrrd.com is the main blog and Links obviously the Link section. But I want the Links to work more like a links page and not like a blog. My problem is if I try to add a link in there, I can put the title for the link and the url, leave message blank and bingo posted in links. Problem is it displays on the main blog too which I don't want. I want the entries on the Links to be separate from the main blog. Is there a way to prevent posts to the linkblog from displaying on the main blog? Or do I have to move the main blog to another sub blog? (really dont want to have to do that)

Is there a hack to change the way posts are made to the link blog so they just post a link and a short description? As opposed to normal blog format?

The reason for this is that I would like to have a separate links section that I can post links in that will not be displayed in the main blog. I want this links section for SEO, link swapping, or if I just want to link to something cool but not have it show up in the main page. ie I could put some cool link in the link section and then post about it in the main blog if I want to or not.

I may think I want something to change the way the link blog works and post links but really I just need a way to prevent Linkblog posts from displaying in the main blog while still having the link to Links at the top of the page.

Any suggestions?

2 Dec 08, 2005 10:24

Your problem is that you used the ALL-blog as mainblog.

The ALL-blog (blog 1) is a special blog that shows up EVERY post in whatever blog.

So, If you had used blog A as your main blog, than you would not had the problem.

That was the reason.
Now the solution. (you can find that allready zillion times on this forum)

Create a new blog (if you deleted blog A)
Change in conf/_admin.php the two variables to 'move categories) and move posts)
Move the categories in your backoffice from blog 1 to the new blog (or blog A)
Change in conf/_admin.php everything back to normal.

A more complete explanation you can find in the forum trying a search.

3 Dec 09, 2005 18:21

OK thanks for the tip I'll give this a try this weekend.

4 Dec 14, 2005 23:50

OK so I got it working the way I want. I had to play around in the database a bit to move my posts and categories, but now it does what I want so all's well.

Form is loading...