Recent Topics

1 Dec 09, 2005 03:29    

Quick question:

My logs keep showing entrines from:
"GET /blog/index.php?disp=stats HTTP/1.1" 200 12735 "http://phentermine.drugs.pass.as"

I blocked the word "phentermine" plus the entire domain but i keep getting entries in the web logs though no more entries in the referrer.blog.list. Is this just normal?

Edgar,

2 Dec 09, 2005 03:59

Yup. The antispam list blocks them from polluting your hitlog table, but doesn't stop them from trying. They'll try and try and try until the earth's orbit decays and we all crash into the burned out husk of our long-dead sun. Thus your server logs will show things that your blog is blocking.

3 Jan 03, 2006 22:04

I have the keyword "phentermine" blacklisted but comments are still being made with it in the text. When I search on it in the antispam section the page does not finish loading.

In addition, the keyword "incest" is blacklisted but comments are still being made. When I search for this in the antispam section it is taken care of.

Any ideas?

-Anthony

4 Jan 04, 2006 00:21

Doyou have a link to your site?

one idea would be to delete it from the spam list and re-enter it.

By the way, are you able to "[Request abuse update from centralized blacklist!]"? It's never worked for me....

5 Jan 04, 2006 00:26

What version are you running? As far as I know, or knew, everything before the current 1.6 ALPHA release did not check comment text for banned keywords - only the link associated with a comment. I think I just learned that in certain cases version .9.1 will check the text, but it seems to be associated with the use of special characters. Anyway it's probably due to running anything up to the latest and greatest OFFICIAL release (which is .9.1). The code just doesn't check comment text.\

In the 1.6 world it does, but that opens a whole new can of worms. For example you notice that 'incest' is banned. Okay, but what if a real person wants to leave a real comment that includes that word? There are lots of drug words and quite a few 'regular' words that we banned because AS PART OF A DOMAIN NAME they are 99% likely to be spammy. We didn't know what the future would hold, so now...

Form is loading...