Recent Topics

1 Dec 14, 2005 12:23    

I have installed it all succesfully and really love it. However, I understood it was like Blogger.com, but it seems new users cannot start there own blog just post to exisiting blogs already set up.

I am looking to do something like blogger for a school and some clients but need the ability to set up there own individual space / blogs as you can do in blogger.

I can log in as admin and had a play around there, and created a new user but cannot seem to get it to do what it says it can.

where am I going wrong :D ?

3 Dec 15, 2005 18:27

Is there a clean/easy way to do this? Currently my b2evo install has 16000+ users, 16000 blogs, and 16000 categories (one for each blog). This is causing it to crash when it's trying to cache categories... because for some reason it caches all categories instead of just categories related to the current blog.

My understanding is that you can not post in a blog until you create a category in it. Is that correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is going to quickly kill my server.

Thanks,

Dan

4 Dec 15, 2005 18:43

Right, you can't post in a blog until it has a category. Once 1.6 is out, I expect someone will make a plugin that can create blogs automatically, but there's not an easy way to do it now. For your scalability issues I would suggest you talk with the developers. They would probably be interested to know about what happens with that many users.

Form is loading...