Recent Topics

1 Dec 15, 2005 16:32    

Is there a way to replace the underscore in URLs (permalink and such) with a dash?

2 Dec 15, 2005 16:43

I haven't tested this, but I think this is where you need to make the change. Open up /b2evocore/_functions_bposts.php and find this line of code:

$urltitle = preg_replace( '/[^A-Za-z0-9]+/', '_', $urltitle );

change it to:

$urltitle = preg_replace( '/[^A-Za-z0-9]+/', '-', $urltitle );

Let me know if that works.

4 Dec 26, 2005 04:49

Disregard my last statement - I was wrong. It did work, but only on new posts. It didn't change the existing ones.

5 Dec 26, 2005 08:01

ah well. You know, its a shame, you have a nice blog, for a marketing site, that is, youve asked for help here numerous times, and yet theres no linkback to this domain, no credit, no nothing -- just like all the other marketing sites I see.

what a damn shame.

for what its worth, your previous posts are ALREADY in your database -- therefore changing the php as was suggested above ONLY changes posts made in the future. You might be inclined to edit the permalink titles in the db, but since youre another of the millions of marketing blogs that prolly wants to suck dry Google, be warned that any links out of Google for those permalinks will break -- unless you decide to script yourself a redirect. Lastly, underscores and dashes dont make a bit of difference to seo, I dont care what anyone says.

No offense, but that will be the last "help" you can expect from me.

6 Dec 26, 2005 17:41

No, actually you are looking at part of the site that does not have the blog. You should really make sure that you have the correct facts before trying to bash someone.

www.wildfiremarketinggroup.com/blog/ contains a link on every page.

7 Dec 26, 2005 17:42

I am very sorry. I stand (happily) corrected.

8 Dec 26, 2005 17:51

No harm, no foul B)

Form is loading...