Recent Topics

1 Dec 15, 2005 22:20    

I have the tutorial on how to add magpie RSS to the the blog and I did make it work with my test blog v 0.9 unfortunetly I can't get it to work with my real blog which is version phoenix 1.6 does anybody know how to do it?

the tut is here http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php/2004/08/28/magpierss_in_b2evolution

2 Dec 15, 2005 22:30

There's a plugin under development that will do all of that without having to edit any files. It's not finished, but then neither is b2evolution 1.6. The Alpha is all that's out now and they'll be some changes before the Beta and final release come out. So plugin authors are probably not in a big hurry.

3 Dec 17, 2005 18:52

Great to know that they are working on that. B2ev is great software and I am extremely thankful that I can use it fro free. Unfortunately I am not a php expert and I have to relay on others to help me out with some issues I have noticed that is much harder to get plug-ins for phoenix than any other versions, I wonder if some changes are worth implementing if they cost so much difficulties on the other end. Well I guess time will show.
Anyway it is very imported for me to be able to RSS feed to my website is there anyway I could do that. I really like CARP rss reader and I like to add it preferable to linkblob or perhaps just replace linkblog with rss feed, sidebar would be my second choice.

4 Dec 17, 2005 18:58

pekadam wrote:

I have noticed that is much harder to get plug-ins for phoenix than any other versions

That might be because 1.6 isn't actually out yet. There's an Alpha release out, a Beta on the way, and then the final release will come. That's when you'll start seeing more plugins.

Form is loading...