Recent Topics

1 Dec 31, 2005 17:12    

Hey, there...
I am planning to use b2evolution on a certain project and im wondering if its possible to realise with b2evolution.

That's what I like to do:
I have 2 groups of people.
There are 2 Blog.
Users can register for only one of the blogs and then Blog in any category of the blog.

I don't want them to blog in the other blog.
I dont' want to give every single User the rights to publish in 'his' blog because i have about 2000 registrations at once and a few hundred per month.
that would be too much work.

is that possible?

cheers,
bastian

2 Dec 31, 2005 19:32

Sort of, only not exactly like you describe. Users don't register for a specific blog: they register with the installation. You as admin decide what group you want to put them in and what blog(s) you want them to be allowed to post into. You define blog membership on your blogs tab (choose a blog and pick the permissions subtab).

3 Jan 02, 2006 21:58

Ah, thank You EdB, for Your answer.
So I know that I better look out for another Software.
Or maybe I choose two Installations of B2evolution....*thinks*

Thanks so far:
Bastian

4 Jan 02, 2006 22:58

You can, if you're into it, have multiple b2evolution databases in the same database by changing the table name prefix in conf/_admin or conf/_advanced. I forget exactly which one, but there is a variable for the prefix name that defaults to "evo_". There is also a variable for the cookie name which you might want to change as well. I believe it defaults to "b2evo", so you might consider b2evo1 and b2evo2.

Form is loading...