Recent Topics

1 Jan 05, 2006 19:23    

Quick question. My default blog is blog 1. this is the aggregate blog that shows posts/categories from all others. I manually changed 2 and 3 to suit my needs and they show up great. I created two new blogs and the posts and everything show up great, but in the categories widget of the sidebar of the summary blog (blog 1) it only shows categories from the blogs i modified from the original install. (2 and 3, not 5 and 6)

In other words how can i have the categories of the blogs i create show up in the sidebar next to the categories from the default install blogs?

My understanding is that this should happen automatically. Alos since the posts are all there it shouldn't be a public list / hiding blogs issue either.

Thanks,
-- adam

2 Jan 05, 2006 19:45

Got link? Generally speaking the problem is the other way around: people want to exclude blogs from the all-blog blog. What version? A link would tell us that...

3 Jan 09, 2006 18:05

Unfortunately I can't link to it. I run it off of my own computer, restrict the firewall and webserver to localhost only and use it to keep track of my various notes, projects, etc. It's not online anywhere. I just use it to manage content for myself. It is an excellent piece of software for that.

I'm using the latest phoenix 1.6 as of 4 weeks ago. The only changes I've made to the custom skin have been removing the syndicate this sections and such, as found in the manual or on this forum. From what i understand, it shouldn't be a misplaced </div> tag or anything because i haven't edited the categories function at all (which does the recursive processing), just _main.php and only commenting things out. I could post files if that would be helpful.

Thanks again.

-- adam

4 Jan 09, 2006 18:52

Check your blog settings and see if the stub file fields empty for those blogs ;)

¥

5 Jan 09, 2006 20:32

They were not empty. But each was set to "Explicit reference on index.php". I blanked out the "stub name" field (and set them back to the original setting above). Now no categories show up on the ALL blog (default id=1). Any ideas? I appreciate your help.

-- adam

6 Jan 10, 2006 10:12

Hmmm, got me stumped, the only time I've seen this effect (so far) is if your stub filename is empty.

Try entering index.php as the stub filename (you'll then have to tick "explicit reference on index.php" again) and see if the categories reappear.

¥

7 Jan 10, 2006 18:13

You weren't stumped at all! Thank you very much for the advice. I put index.php in the stub filename and then put it back to the explicit reference option... and BAM! everything works as expected now. the categories are recursively listed under each blog titile from the main blog. I appreciate the help.

-- adam

p.s. As a side effect it also seemed to fix the "admin" section on the right hand side, which every once in a while was not showing up at all or without a login option. Works great now though! I'll have to read more about the stub files.

Form is loading...