Recent Topics

1 Jan 07, 2006 07:37    

When I try to generate a static page file, I get this error message:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Generating static page for blog [My Blog]

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/bigfish/xxxxx.com/blog/admin/_menutop.php:14) in /usr/home/bigfish/xxxxx.com/blog/b2evocore/_404_not_found.page.php on line 14
404 Not Found

b2evolution cannot resolve the requested URL.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to make a blank static file and upload it, but I still get the error message.

Version - 0.9.1 "Dawn"

Anyone know what's going on? :(

2 Jan 07, 2006 08:11

I don't know exactly what's going on, but a bit ... so it might help.

First ... I'd question WHY you want to generate a static page. The rule of thumb is that UNLESS your site is an EXTREMELY high-traffic site, you don't benefit from generating a static page. (It's designed to help reduce server load). I've never heard of numbers ... but I think we're talking about a 10's of thousands of page views per day (or more) kind of thing.

Second ... the "Warning: Cannot Modify Header Information" is generally a result of SOME CHARACTERS (even hidden chars, spaces or ANYTHING) before the HEADER line.

I had a look at the _404_not_found.page.php file and wonder if moving the "header" line from line 14 to line 13 would make a difference (or even to right after the "<?php" ... dunno.

I tried to generate a static file (first time) in my Dawn installation and couldn't (error messages of a different nature). Never tried before b/c we don't need them.

So ... I'd question your need for a static file, first. If you get the kind of traffic described above, then I might recommend diving a bit further into the header problem.

Hope this helps. :D

[url=http://randsco.com]-stk[/url]

3 Jan 07, 2006 08:13

Look for whitespaces, tabs etc

4 Jan 07, 2006 15:49

I thought the static page was used for SEO purposes. :?:

5 Jan 07, 2006 15:50

whoo wrote:

I'll investigate later. I didn't edit any of the files though.

6 Jan 07, 2006 16:31

whoo wrote:

I don't see anything.

Should I just not worry about it?

9 Jan 08, 2006 07:33

Interesting, b/c from the [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=5467]linked post[/url], one would have thought that the fix made it into V0.9.1 (Dawn).

blueyed wrote:

I've just fixed this in CVS for 0.9.1 and Phoenix.

But a quick look at the code reveals otherwise.

Did it fix your static-page generation problem Big Fish? (Tho I still question the need for static pages. I've never heard that they help in SEO, but I'm open to hear WHY.)

-stk :D

Form is loading...