Recent Topics

1 Jan 07, 2006 12:26    

Hello. I've been searching the forums all night and have hit pay dirt so far on all but one issue I have. I have my site setup so that it has it's own side bar. I've customized my b2evo so it doesn't include the side bar. However, I'd like to move the calendar, archives, and perhaps the linkblog (if I can find out what it's for/what it does) to the sidebar of my main site. How would I go about doing this?

The site itself, is currently closed, so I put up a test page for it in case anyone needs to see it to know what I'm trying to accomplish. ([url=http://so-iniquitous.net/test2.php]Click here for test page[/url].)

I'm not at all good at php, so it's been a lot of trial and error for me. I've tried putting

<?php // -------------------------- CALENDAR INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
			require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_calendar.php' );
			// -------------------------------- END OF CALENDAR ---------------------------------- ?>

Under the calendar pic, where I want the calendar, but I get this error:

Warning: main(/home/tainted/public_html/_calendar.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tainted/public_html/test2.php on line 209

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/tainted/public_html/_calendar.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tainted/public_html/test2.php on line 209

I'd like to move my archive list over there also.

Last thing, can someone point me in the direction that I'd find info on the linkblog? (What is it, what it does, etc.)

Any help is greatly appreciated :). Thanks for taking the time to help me.

2 Jan 09, 2006 20:54

I've changed the subject hoping it would easily convey what it is I'm trying to do. Please if this is in the wrong place, move it. I'd like to have my site completely done before re-opening, and this is the only thing left holding it back.

Also, if you need me to clarify some more please let me know. I'd really like to get my site all up at one time. This is the only thing holding me back... and it's getting frustrating trying to figure it out and nothing is working.

3 Jan 10, 2006 10:16

Your path to calendar.php is wrong, it should look somethink like :-

reuire dirname(__FILE__).'/blog/skins/<your skin name>/_calendar.php

¥

4 Jan 12, 2006 03:06

¥åßßå wrote:

Your path to calendar.php is wrong, it should look somethink like :-

reuire dirname(__FILE__).'/blog/skins/<your skin name>/_calendar.php

¥

Thanks for responding. I'm using the custom skin and just editting the file to get what I want.

I've changed the path to look like what you put:

<?php // -------------------------- CALENDAR INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
         require( dirname(__FILE__).'/blog/skins/custom/_calendar.php' );
         // -------------------------------- END OF CALENDAR ---------------------------------- ?>

And when I view the page I get this message now:

Please, do not access this page directly.

I've been going to sleep and dreaming about php coding the last few days lol.

5 Jan 12, 2006 10:17

lol, I bet :p

Ok, you also need to include the bare bones of b2evo before you can use any of it's component parts.

Depending on your version (the directory name and filname may differ slightly), you need something like this at the top of your page :-

require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/blog/evocore/_main.inc.php';

¥

6 Jan 12, 2006 22:24

¥åßßå wrote:

lol, I bet :p

Ok, you also need to include the bare bones of b2evo before you can use any of it's component parts.

Depending on your version (the directory name and filname may differ slightly), you need something like this at the top of your page :-

require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/blog/evocore/_main.inc.php';

¥

I thought I had it after getting a bunch of errors and the page finally loaded, BUT alas lol, it didn't work. I have the Dawn version on b2evo installed. I added:

<?php require_once( dirname(__FILE__).'/blog/b2evocore/_main.php' ); ?>

To the top of the page and in turn got:

MySQL error!

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1(Errno=1064)

Your query:

SELECT * FROM evo_blogs WHERE blog_ID = 

I went into the admin and went to the blog tab. My default blog is Blog A (#2). I'm assuming something has to be done with that, but I really don't know much about php, so I'm probably wrong lol. This is fast becoming something I need to learn.

7 Jan 13, 2006 01:24

lol, never rains but it pours :p

Ok, got to "tad late at night" time here, and my brain kinda joins EdB's in a whiskey at this hour ( cos he's a lush and drinks anytime of day :| ), so I'm probably not the best one to ask for advice ;)

You might try turning debug mode on (urm... conf/config.php or summat) and seeing where the error occurs.

¥

8 Jan 13, 2006 04:13

¥åßßå wrote:

Ok, got to "tad late at night" time here, and my brain kinda joins EdB's in a whiskey at this hour ( cos he's a lush and drinks anytime of day :| ), so I'm probably not the best one to ask for advice ;)

HEY NOW! I only drink when I'm awake ;)

9 Jan 16, 2006 22:18

¥åßßå wrote:

lol, never rains but it pours :p

You might try turning debug mode on (urm... conf/config.php or summat) and seeing where the error occurs.

¥

Where does it let me know where the error is? Sorry, I have no idea about this stuff lol.

11 Jan 23, 2006 11:16

Hi Tainted,

Sorry, I forgot all about this :P

2 things,

1/ change your code to this :-
<?php
$blog = 2;
require_once( dirname(__FILE__).'/blog/b2evocore/_main.php' );
?>

2/ add this to the end of your page :-

<?php debug_info(); ?>

Hopefully the first change will cure your problems, if not then the 2nd change should dump a load of info which may (or may not) help you track down the culprit.

¥

12 Jan 29, 2006 00:40

¥åßßå wrote:

Hi Tainted,

Sorry, I forgot all about this :P

2 things,

1/ change your code to this :-
<?php
$blog = 2;
require_once( dirname(__FILE__).'/blog/b2evocore/_main.php' );
?>

2/ add this to the end of your page :-

<?php debug_info(); ?>

Hopefully the first change will cure your problems, if not then the 2nd change should dump a load of info which may (or may not) help you track down the culprit.

¥

88| It worked!!! Thank you sooo much. Now I can finally re-open my site lol. Thank you!

Form is loading...