Recent Topics

1 Jan 09, 2006 19:07    

I forgot what my login and password are. I deleted the entire folder and installed 1.6 but that didn't solve my problem :-( I still can't log in to the admin area. Where is the info stored so I can find it?

Joyce

2 Jan 09, 2006 20:56

The default login is "admin" so try that with "Lost password..." (on the login page).

If that does not help, you have to edit the evo_users table (with phpmyadmin for example) and set a new password for the appropriate user row, using the MD5 function to "encrypt" it.

3 Jan 09, 2006 23:01

Thanks. I followed you right up to the MD5 to encrypt it part :roll:

4 Jan 10, 2006 01:26

In phpmyadmin (or with another mysql client) you can (and have to) chose a function to "encrypt" your new password. You type it in in clear text and chose "MD5" from the dropdown, because b2evo expects it like that.

5 Aug 17, 2006 23:02

I have the same problem.....but I don't understand how to solve it.

I can find the evo_users table in phpMyAdmin but that's about how far I get. Can anyone please help me??

(Seems I have registered my b2evo with an emailaddress I no longer use too..)

Thanks in advance.

6 Aug 17, 2006 23:18

Edit the user_pass column and enter your password into the field's box. Then, chose MD5 as function or method in the drop down around it and update/save the record in phpmyadmin.

7 Aug 18, 2006 00:12

Thanks for Your fast answer. I'm not exactly sure if it helped but I managed to get the password changed (and working) anyway.

My first problem was that I immediately clicked the leftside menu where it said evo_users. Then there (what I could see anyway) was no place to change a password.
This time instead I tried to click the link "databases" on the main page and came to a list of my databases. I only have one so I choose to click that one. Now I got the list of files (i think) in it and there was once again evo_users which I now chose to browse and then to change and now I found it possible to change also the password :)

Form is loading...