Recent Topics

1 Jan 30, 2006 21:23    

Hello everyone! I'm new here and new to b2evolution. I'm a little worried about when it comes time for me to upgrade. Currently, my blog is running on the (0.9.0.10) version. (It's in my domain already).

When I want to upgrade, do I have to upgrade version to version or can I just upgrade to the version I want to use?

When I upgrade, will the things already on my blog be erased, forcing me to start all over again?

And is there somewhere I can download skins? I was looking at a few of the links in the skins section of this site and I did find a skin I'd like to use when the stable version of the newest beta is available but I couldn't find where to download it.

Your help is appreciated and thank you :)

2 Jan 30, 2006 21:59

To answer your first question:

You can upgrade to whatever version you desire. You don't have to upgrade to each version in order. Your previous blog entries will not be lost or changed. They will automatically become part of your upgraded blog.

All of your blog entries are stored in a database on your webserver. When you upgrade b2e the database entries aren't really touched at all. Occasionally different parts of the database structure are changed during an upgrade, but that shouldn't result in any data loss. But it's always a good idea to backup your database before you upgrade, just so you have a good backup if something goes wrong.

4 Jan 30, 2006 23:54

Great :) Thank you, both.

Form is loading...