Recent Topics

1 Feb 02, 2006 14:48    

I'm setting up multiple blogs for my employer, and they like the idea of using blog_all as the "home" page. To keep the size of the page down, it's been suggested that our bloggers use the "Read more" linkcode for longer posts.

That's not the problem.

What's requested is that the Read More link go to the full post without comments. Readers would have to click on yet another link to make a comment.

Am I missing something obvious here? I'm no PHP expert but that hasn't stopped me from fiddling with things before. :)

Also, and perhaps this is better asked in "Hacks", my boss wants someone to get a pop-up "Terms of Use" that someone has to OK before the submit process is completed. In other words, Write Comment >> Click Submit >> Pop-up appears >> Click Agree >> Pop-up disappears and Comment is posted (Or click decline and Comment box is cleared). Yes, we could just require registration before posting, but we don't necessarily want to take that step.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 Feb 02, 2006 14:54

1/ Use <!--nextpage--> instead of read more ;)

2/ You'd need to hack skins/<skin name>/_feedback.php to trap the onsubmit event of the comment form.

¥

3 Feb 02, 2006 21:19

(Same original poster, different user name, long story)

1) Thanks for that. However, I notice that it leaves me with a page 1 and a page 2 link under the initial paragraph. Clicking on 1 gives me that same paragraph again, while clicking on 2 gives me the rest of the story. What I am looking for is initial paragraph >link> Full post >link> Post comments.

2) I knew there was going to be a hack involved somewhere. Thanks.

Form is loading...