Recent Topics

1 Feb 02, 2006 17:34    

I just upgraded from Paris and installed the new alpha, which looks pretty cool, but I can't get the file upload to work.

When I'm writing a new blog post and click on "Files", I get a popup window with only the text: "Permission denied! (files:view:)" in it.

I've tried going to Setting>>Files and clicking restore defaults and I still get the same message.

The permissions on the media directory are 755.

I've tried to upload files as both admin and as my personal user without any luck.

Any idea what the problem might be?

2 Feb 02, 2006 17:47

Please search the forums..!

it's because your user has no perms to view files. Check the "Blogs" tab and change "Permissions" there for the group you're in..

3 Feb 02, 2006 18:21

I'm still having trouble.

I clicked on the blogs tab, the tab for the default blog, the user permissions tab, and then set the permissions for the admin user to admin. Then I clicked on group permissions and set the administrators group permissions to admin.

Now if I click on the write tab and click on files, I still get the same error message.

I looked at the two other posts about this problem, but I'm still not getting it. I must be doing something obvious wrong, but I have no idea what that could be.

4 Feb 02, 2006 18:47

Blog -> permissions -> hit the link marked "wide" and you'll see settings for files ;)

¥

5 Feb 02, 2006 18:59

Yep... Did that. Gave the admin all the permissions and they still can't upload any files. Any other ideas?

6 Feb 02, 2006 20:49

Silly question, do you have an "upload" button when on the post screen? If not then you may need to also change your settings on admin > settings > files, if that's not it then I'm pretty much out of ideas.

¥

7 Feb 02, 2006 21:12

I don't see an "upload" button. To the right of the preview and save buttons, where the upload button was on my paris blog, there is a button labeled "files" which I assume does what the upload button used to. When I click on it, I get a popup with the message "Permission denied! (files:view:)"

8 Feb 02, 2006 23:52

So, according to this (look at the last comment): http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=6836
the problem is that my users come from an old version of b2evolution. So, you would think that if i made a new user, that user would be able to see the upload button. Well, they can't.

So, I have a broken file button, a nonexistent upload button and users which are apparently somehow wrong... any help?

9 Feb 03, 2006 00:31

If not then you may need to also change your settings on admin > settings > files, if that's not it then I'm pretty much out of ideas.

Check your settings in admin > settings > files ;)

¥

10 Mar 05, 2006 03:04

The GUI is apparently useless for fixing this problem. Apparently the only way to fix the user entries in your SQL to look like the new user entries. Someone changed the format sometime between paris and the alpha, but didn't bother to put a workaround in the updater.

Yay.

11 Mar 05, 2006 03:18

Apparently there are two things involved:
- "Upload" as to be enabled ( in Settings -> Files )
- The user must have permission to "add" files ( Blog -> Permissions; either per User or Group (preferred) )

And

"Permission denied! (files:view:)"

obviously means it's the second cause.

12 Mar 05, 2006 15:39

Is level still an issue? I remember trying to figure this whole deal out and finally bumped into the settings tab thing, but have my users at level 5 because I'm pretty sure that used to be an expectation.

13 Mar 08, 2006 19:18

I am having the exact same problem as the OP.

I have already done all of the above:

changed permission (yes I clicked on wide)
clicked on the settings tab and then files ("Enable upload" already selected)

Like the OP, clicking on the button "files" below the area for writing gives the error:

Permission denied! (files:view:)

I also don't have an "upload" button in this same row.

Plus, in the tabs at the top, I don't have one for "files".

I am upgrading from "paris" to "phoenix". I thought maybe the big jump was a problem so I did the other two upgrades to the database as well in the correct order. But, no joy.

To be clear, I did a fresh install on a different domain and I have no problem with posting blogs with pictures. I just have the problem when I upgrade my old database.

Thanks for any help.

14 Mar 08, 2006 23:23

On the "Users & Groups" tab select the group for your bloggers and check the "Add/Upload" button for "files".

15 Mar 16, 2006 19:31

Yes, EdB's solution should work.

Sorry, for being ignorant, but there's still a bug/unclear feature: you must give "Add" options for the group the user is in.

16 Apr 28, 2006 23:03

For the newbies (like me), these are the steps I followed to enable the 'Upload' button:

1. Make sure your blog/media folder is CHMOD 0755

2. Go to backoffice

3. Settings -> Files -> Upload options -> Check 'Enable Upload' -> Save

4. Users & Groups -> [Group] -> Permissions for members of this group -> Files -> Radio 'Add/Upload' -> Save

5. Blogs -> [blog] -> User Permissions -> [Wide] -> Check 'Media directory Upload/Read/Write -> Save

17 Apr 28, 2006 23:10

Again, chmod 777 should be avoided. Try 755 and 775 before!

18 Apr 28, 2006 23:17

My bad. I fixed it to 0755, which works just fine in my installation.

Form is loading...