Recent Topics

1 Feb 10, 2006 21:03    

This seems like a great forum and you all are very helpful already. I tried a search on this and found out some interesting information, but not exactly what I needed (or what I found didn't seem to work).

The referrals on my blog keep showing the internal referral from my website main page. How do I get b2evo to exclude this as a referring link?

Here's the main page: autodogmatic.com

Here's the blog: http://blogma.autodogmatic.com

One additional question:

How can I show recent posts as a list on the side bar?

My brain is in overdrive learning everything I can on all of this. b2evo seems like a great tool so far and I'm really impressed.

2 Feb 10, 2006 21:40

this has been covered somewhere here, unfortunately I dont recall where (big surprise, not). Im sure someone else can pipe in with the info, hang tight :)

3 Feb 10, 2006 21:46

Thanks for the post - I hate being the new guy asking some question that's been asked before, but I've never had a lot of success with the search function on php forums, though I like most of the other features of phpBB.

4 Feb 10, 2006 21:51

In your conf/_stats.php file find something that looks like this:

// redirectors
	'googlealert.com/',
	// add your own...

Then do like it says.

// redirectors
	'googlealert.com/',
	// add your own...
	'mydomain.tld/',

You'd almost thing the baseurl would automagically be included in this but it ain't. Such is life eh?

5 Feb 10, 2006 21:57

Thanks EdB - so easy!

Any idea on the sidebar question?

What I'm trying to do is have something like this:

Recent posts
* Post - newest
* Post - 2nd newest
* Post - 3rd newest
and so on...

With the titles of the posts, instead of 2nd, 3rd etc...

UPDATE:
Okay, so the above code for referrals worked like a charm. Only question is that it now seems to display the domain name no matter what page I'm on in the blog. Any idea why that would happen?

Here's the code I put in:

// redirectors
	'googlealert.com/',
	// add your own...
'autodogmatic.com/');

(not the googlealert part - that is just for reference)

6 Feb 13, 2006 02:22

Any thoughts on the list question?

Form is loading...