Recent Topics

1 Feb 24, 2006 02:26    

This is driving me crazy.

I upgraded b2evolution from 0.9.0.10 to 0.9.1. The installation wasn't picture perfect. I updated the config, but when I got to the part where you select which type of DB upgrade you want to do, the page would not finish rendering. It would list the four options and then quit - never rendering the "Go!" button or anything past that. I figured there was an error in the code somewhere, so I removed parts that didn't apply, and was finally able to get the "Go!" button to at least render. Upon pressing that it brought me to a 404 error page.

As that appeared to be the last step, I just looked in the code and made sure my DB had the SQL patches applied to it's structure. It looked as thought the page that "didn't exist" and gave me the 404 did in fact run, because the DB already had the patches applied. I'm pretty sure that was the last step of the upgrade - so while the upgrade script utterly broke - I'm pretty sure my install is upgraded.

After the upgrade I was able to use the admin section fine. In fact, everything appeared to be working fine. Then I started getting reports that some users could not login. They said when they went to login, they were getting 404 error pages. So I removed my cookies, and sure enough now I am getting 404 errors too!

I tried mucking about to figure out what on earth could be causing this very bizarre behavior. I tried the b2login.php page - calling it directly resulted in a 404. I commented out the require statement for the _main.php file and Voila! the page would render fine. I opened up the _main.php file and realized I really don't want to figure this out on my own.

Does anyone have any idea what in the world is going on? Could this be a misconfiguration on Apache?

2 Feb 24, 2006 17:05

Recompiled Apache and everything is working now.

Form is loading...