Recent Topics

1 Feb 24, 2006 14:04    

Dear Forum-members,

while making my first experiences with b2evolution which let met see really a lot great opportunities when it comes to blogging (it really has a nice featureset ;-)) I was wondering how to set up some static posts ...which arent categorized the usual way like 'ordinary' posts but would be presented as a somewhat 'static page' (while i actually dont want to have/create a hardcoded file which i cannot edit within the blog).

I came across this feature while using other blogsoftware but didnt see it in b2evo (maybe its hidden somewhere though). The pages can be edited like other posts but have the attribute 'static' in the db which makes them a little different. One could then make them visible through the template (using some function), generating some extra navigational structure.
e.g. About, Contact, Home ...

Thank you very much in advance

Rico ;)

2 Feb 24, 2006 16:10

I think I know what you mean. Wordpress has something like this that they call Pages. I think it's a great idea and I'm hoping that b2evolution will add it in a future version or maybe it can be done with a plugin. It's not a feature right now, but you can get pretty close to that just by using a regular post. I do this on my blog (Click the www icon below my post). See the links along the top of my blog? Code. About, etc. Those are just links in the skin that go straight to a regular post. I disable comments on some of them so it looks more like a page. It does still show the category, time and date information at the bottom of the page, and the url for the page still looks like a blog post. But other than that it looks just like a normal web page that I've integrated into the blog.

3 Feb 24, 2006 23:09

Thats the feature I meant. I think too that this would be a nice (and maybe not even that hard to implement) feature for b2evo ...and i hope that it will be included in future versions or someone will write a plugin ... maybe a plugin-request helps : )

Form is loading...