Recent Topics

1 Feb 27, 2006 19:29    

Hi I just changed hosting. I have b2evo v 0.9.0.12 runngin on my old host and Im able to install the same version of it on my new host through fantastico(im lazy).

But aside from that I really have no big idea of how to do migration. Ive been looking for the simplest way to do this but cannot really find any answers on the faqs or the manual.

Although I do have a tweaked skin Its just a tweak off the custom skin so I dont really mind losing any of it. I have not uploaded any files(say pictures or whatever else) to the blog, its just the posts that i want, only one blog, only one user. Do I really have to export the whole database and then import it to the new server and then install over it(sounds a bit complicated) or can i do this in a simpler method?

Also is it really worth upgarding or should I just stick with what Ive got, Ive heard lots of stuff from the 1.6 but at the same time heard it isnt really as stable as the 0.9.

Thanks for your help.

3 Mar 02, 2006 13:48

ok everything seems simple until i get to the part where im suppose to run the .sql file with commands in a consol. How do I access my servers console? can I connect to my server through my console and then do the commands? Or am i supposed to find it somewhere on their control panel?

4 Mar 02, 2006 13:53

ok i found it, sorry for seeming such a newbie but ive never needed to run commands on my server before. Its the shell access right? my hosting is in the process of giving me access, they said that for security reasons it is disabled at first.

5 Mar 03, 2006 00:49

I used phpMyAdmin. If you have it, there is an import function if you hit the SQL icon above the lists on the left side of the menu.

Form is loading...