Recent Topics

1 Mar 15, 2006 17:40    

I am having trouble figuring something out; please tell me if my logic is correct. I assumed that by having this software (which is fantastic so far) I would be able to have each of our "members" have their own Blog with Categories under each. For some reason, I have not been able to grasp the philosophy on how the software is setup. Can someone clarify how this is done? Why does it seem everything is based on the category level as opposed to the Blog? Thanks for any help!!

2 Mar 15, 2006 20:31

I believe each category is assigned to a specific blog (by default). This way two separate blogs could share the same category name ("Work stuff", for example) and their posts wouldn't get mixed together if you searched by category. [I hope I'm not wrong. It could be that each blog is assigned to a default category, but I don't think so.]

Basically you have to create a new blog (in the backoffice), give it at least one category, and then assign users to the blog(s).

It would be nice if you could elegantly do that all on one page but, as it is, you have to click around to set it all up.

Form is loading...