Recent Topics

1 Mar 21, 2006 09:45    

I am a complete novice when it comes to all this stuff and I have set up a blog but it won't let me upload a photo. It doesn't exceed the file size limit and I get the message below:-

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/pmyviqtp/public_html/blog/media/Gavin.JPG): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/pmyviqtp/public_html/blog/admin/b2upload.php on line 145

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpIloTFd' to '/home/pmyviqtp/public_html/blog/media/Gavin.JPG' in /home/pmyviqtp/public_html/blog/admin/b2upload.php on line 145
Couldn't upload your file to: /home/pmyviqtp/public_html/blog/media/Gavin.JPG

Can anyone help??????????

2 Mar 21, 2006 10:57

To upload photos you have to first change the permissions to the media folder in your blog. There are different ways to do this depending on what system you are running. you can change the permissions locally on your computer and then upload the folder, or you can change them on the server using a terminal window and a shell login. The permissions need to be set to 777. search around there are some tutorials online that explain unix commands and permissions.

also i think there are some tutorials or answers in this forum... do a search.

good luck

Form is loading...