Recent Topics

1 Apr 08, 2006 00:41    

First off, my website is hosted by godaddy.com. I don't know if there are any issues with this host in regards to B2Evolution, but I thought I'd get it out there just in case, so someone would tell me.

Anyway, I uploaded all the appropriate files to my dedicated server, created a database in MySQL, then proceeded to type in <mywebsite>/install.php - and got a 404 Error. Tried going to any file located in the Blogs folder, same deal.

I called tech support, and the guy I talked to said it could take up to 12 hours before I can access the .php file, but that doesn't seem right to me. It's there, I can see it via FTP, so I should be able to access it.

I'd appreciate any help, as I'm about *this close* to giving up.

2 Apr 08, 2006 01:47

If you just began your account with them it may take awhile for the DNS entry of your new website to be recognized. Maybe that's what the guy was talking about?

Other than that, why not wait 12 hours and then let us know what happens. :)

3 Apr 08, 2006 01:57

Additonally, for installing, it should not be /install.php but /install/index.php - assuming that you've copied the files to your web root / DocumentRoot.

4 Apr 08, 2006 06:20

I meant to say /install/index.php, my fault, and no, my website is 4 months old. What he was telling me was that it would take 12 hours before I could open the .php file. My wife installed B2Evo on her website and it took less than 5 minutes. We both did the exact same thing- Create a new database entry in MySQL, upload the files, and then open index.php. The only difference is that mine went 404 and hers didn't.

Her hosting is with E-star, so I may jump ship on GoDaddy and use her server. She has considerably more space (100Gb compared to my 5Gb), and more transfer data per month (1,000Gb to my 250Gb), so it's a sweeter deal.

5 Apr 08, 2006 15:56

Yeah, it sounds like something is seriously crippled with godaddy if it is giving you errors like that.

6 Apr 08, 2006 16:44

I tried changing the .php extension to .asp and .html, and the page loads. Of course I can't install it that way, but at least I know that I'm not doing anything wrong.

7 Apr 08, 2006 17:52

So far you have about 9 reasons to switch hosts and 0 to stay.

Form is loading...