Recent Topics

1 Apr 08, 2006 02:21    

I hope I'm in the right place--if not, forgive me (I looked around for a bit.) I'm sure someone here has seen this question before, please bear with me.

When a visitor clicks on the "powered by b2evolution" link on my blog, and goes to b2evolution.net, they get the following message:

"403 Forbidden
Please stop referer spam.
We have identified that you have been refered here by a known or supposed spammer.
If you feel this is an error, please bypass this message and leave us a comment about the error. We are sorry for the inconvenience. ..."
etc.

I don't believe I've done anything to earn this distinction--I'm just now getting my site up and running under my domain. I am concerned, however. I want to feature the "powered by" link on my main page, as I'm a great believer in the tool and am proud to say so to my visitors. On the other hand, I don't want my visitors to think that I am a spammer--but if I leave the link up, that's what they'll think if they try to click through to b2evolution.net.

What can I do?

The page in question is found at www.moonlingo.com/postcards/postcards.php and the b2evo link is down near the lower right corner.

(Please pardon the site debris--it's all still under construction.)

**EDIT ADDED**

An interesting clue--clicking through from the main page (www.moonlingo.com) does not throw the error! Is there something wrong with having the word "postcards" in the URL? (A blacklisted term?)

2 Apr 08, 2006 03:58

I'm getting a "page can not be found" when I try to visit your URL, and I can't find any reason why b2evolution would block "postcards". b2evolution is actually a blog using b2evolution (of course) and gets to do like every other blog out there: report domains and get the latest official keyword list. That means IT might block things not in the official list, and it might get spammed by sites blocked by the official list. I don't know who decides when b2evolution gets the updated list but I can tell you that b2evolution never reported "postcards". That word, by the way, is NOT on the official list.

Sorry I can't help you more, but until I can see your web and duplicate the error I'm kinda stuck.

Form is loading...