Recent Topics

1 May 21, 2006 13:50    

So if I want to add links to my sidebar, am I required to edit some CSS sheet to do that? Im very new to the relationship between templates and CSS, and B2 for that matter.

What would I have to do if I simply wanted to add links either to the top of my blog or into the sidebar? Thanks.

Christian

2 May 21, 2006 15:46

The easy answer is "use a blog as a linkblog" because that's what it does. You use, for example, blog #2 as your blog and blog #3 as your linkblog. On the blogs tab you select blog 2 and tell it that blog 3 is the linkblog, then you post your links into blog 3 - just like you would post a regular post only probably very little text.

If you really want to hard-code your links you would edit skins/skinname/_main.php and sort of follow through the code to see where your links would go. You will see a mix of php, php comments, and html in there so give it a bit of perusing to get the feel for how it works.

The CSS for each skin allows you to tweak the look - not the content. So for adding links that's not where you go.

3 May 22, 2006 15:04

Yes I understand about the link blog, but some templates do have links in the blog. Wouldnt it be possible to find that section and add an extra line?

Or...what Im really thinking is the sidebar with the links every template has. If I simply want to add a link there, that is part of the same file to edit?

On my blog I simply want an easy to find link that goes back to my home site. As most people find my blog from my home site, there should be a way to navigate back to it.

Christian

4 May 22, 2006 16:05

EdB wrote:

If you really want to hard-code your links you would edit skins/skinname/_main.php and sort of follow through the code to see where your links would go.

The sidebar content comes from _main.php.

Form is loading...