Recent Topics

1 May 24, 2006 09:24    

Is is possible to download the stable release of this application via cvs so that I can keep the application on my server upto date that way?

Thanks,
Jeff

2 May 24, 2006 11:35

if you have shell access and its a *NIX box, sure.

at a prompt, type:

man cvs

https://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=85535 wrote:

Anonymous CVS Access

This project's SourceForge.net CVS repository can be checked out through anonymous (pserver) CVS with the following instruction set. The module you wish to check out must be specified as the modulename. When prompted for a password for anonymous, simply press the Enter key. To determine the names of the modules created by this project, you may examine their CVS repository via the provided web-based CVS repository viewer.

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@evocms.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/evocms login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@evocms.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/evocms co -P modulename

Information about accessing this CVS repository may be found in our document titled, "CVS (Version Control for Source Code)".

Updates from within the module's directory do not need the -d parameter.

NOTE: UNIX file and directory names are case sensitive. The path to the project CVSROOT must be specified using lowercase characters (i.e. /cvsroot/evocms)

those instructions are are for using GNU cvs :)

3 May 24, 2006 19:59

The stable release should be v-0-9 and there's also a v-1-8 branch now.

4 May 24, 2006 20:36

blueyed wrote:

Thanks

5 May 24, 2006 20:41

jphilapy wrote:

blueyed wrote:

Thanks

One more question. if the stable release is a branch of one of these versions then how will I know what the version of the next stable release coming out is? For example 1 year from now if I update then, how will I know what the stable branch is then? Is there somehwere I can come to keep up to date? And will these releases [v-0-9 and v-1-8] continue to remain? Also do you keep updating these same ones? When will you stop updating them?

Sorry for any confusion but I am not clear about the process. Thanks for any clarification.

Jeff

6 May 24, 2006 21:53

You might want to check http://manual.b2evolution.net/CVS_version then. There's no branch information there yet and the original plan was to have no branch for stable releases any more, but it seems François has changed his mind.

I'll update the wiki page in the next days/weeks probably regarding the branch info.

Form is loading...