Recent Topics

1 Jun 01, 2006 14:25    

In fact, if i wanna upgrade ("Sparkle") to my blog,
i install first upgrade version and then about my all database?

What must remember too?.. Must write something changes?

This is my first time, so thank you!
:D

Edit 6.5. 06

I´m waiting...This is very important to me! :idea:

2 Jun 07, 2006 18:39

Now i went installing upgrade and what that error report means?
What i should make to next? Should i changes a permissions or other somethings? And where in folders i can install my backup?
Please help me!

"MySQL error!

Error establishing a database connection!

(Access denied for user '*******'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

1. Are you sure you have typed the correct user/password?
2. Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
3. Are you sure that the database server is running?"

Thank you!
:> :> :>

3 Jun 07, 2006 18:43

You need to change your db username and password etc in conf/_config.php

You should have these in your backup if you don't know them (same folder/file)

¥

4 Jun 07, 2006 19:46

i changed these issues, but nothing new happens yet!
Maybe in MySQL is old username, can it be possible?
I think that, because Cpanel´s Fantastico inform "current installations: None"

5 Jun 07, 2006 20:26

If you're just doing an upgrade then you should be using the same dbname, dbusername & dbpassword as the ones in your backup conf/_config.php

You'll also need to make sure that the $baseurl (further down the same file) is the same and that $config_is_done = 1; (tad further down the same file).

¥

6 Jun 07, 2006 21:04

¥åßßå wrote:

If you're just doing an upgrade then you should be using the same dbname, dbusername & dbpassword as the ones in your backup conf/_config.php

You'll also need to make sure that the $baseurl (further down the same file) is the same and that $config_is_done = 1; (tad further down the same file).

¥

I maked it just than you sayed, but not happens changes, i not understand... 8| Why that is so difficult?...

7 Jun 07, 2006 23:49

Can you post a link to your blog?

¥

8 Jun 10, 2006 13:56

¥åßßå wrote:

Can you post a link to your blog?

¥

Thank you, but i stoped that install upgrade.
Now i´ll be in interest knowing, what folder saves all my new writings
in my blog, because i wanna make backup to early writing?
:idea:

9 Jun 10, 2006 16:32

You blog posts are not saved in a file. They are saved in your database. Do you have a backup of your files? Do you have a backup of your database?

10 Jun 10, 2006 17:28

EdB wrote:

You blog posts are not saved in a file. They are saved in your database. Do you have a backup of your files? Do you have a backup of your database?

Yes, i have it! Where in folder i can upload these backups? :)

Thanks!

11 Jun 10, 2006 18:22

SLOW DOWN!!!

Do you have a backup of your files?
Do you have a backup of your database?

Two different things, and you will need BOTH to get yourself online with the latest version. Saying "I have it" doesn't tell me what you have a backup copy of!!!

Is your database still on your server? You can tell this by going to your host and using phpmyadmin to see if your database is still there. Since you installed with Fantastico your database will probably be named something like "blahblah_bvlt1" and will have probably 12 tables in it. Don't do anything with it though - just see if it is still on your server. By the way if you have your database on your server you will not really need the backup. Backups are good to have, but it is better if it is still on your server.

After we see what you have and what you want to do with them (what version you want to upgrade to) we will be able to take the next steps, but let's move slowly and carefully okay?

A link to your blog will help.

12 Jun 11, 2006 08:44

Ok, i was only happy for this, but i´ll be a relaxed.
But by away...Backups and database no in my server any more.
if i understand right, you mean mysql database?
But of course, i can to question for the host server,
if they have more infos for my! ;) Sorry my indistinct English!

13 Jun 11, 2006 09:11

English is not the issue my friend. Understanding and working together is much more important than spelling and grammer eh?

Talk to your host if you do not have a backup of your database. Yes - it is a MySQL database. You can find the exact name of the database by looking in your backup files for your conf folder then your _config.php file. There you will find 6 lines that are important, and only 4 that are VERY important. The first 4 are about your database, then you have your $baseurl, then your $admin_email. Finally, when we know you have a nice database online, you will want to know about $config_is_done.

Hopefully you have your database backed up. If not hopefully your host has a backup they can provide you with. If your host puts a backup in place for you then everything will be easy after that. If you have a backup copy but the database is completely gone from the server then things get tricky, but not so tricky we can't work it out. Save your backup files a little bit longer as you will need them! You will need you original conf/_config.php to connect to the old database, and you will also want your media folder to restore all of your images you've uploaded - if any.

I like to help people upgrade. If I'm not here right away I'll be back eventually. Sometimes I do stupid things like "go to work" and "have a life", but not too often ;)

Form is loading...