Recent Topics

1 Jun 06, 2006 19:22    

I just upgraded to 0.9.2 and it appears that I've lost all of the data on my blog. How can I reconnect it to the database? How will I know if I've lost all of my data? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jennalex

2 Jun 06, 2006 19:56

1. Hopefully you've made a backup
2. I don't think you've made one, because then you would know to find your database data
3. Swear to do a backup next time
4. Use a tool provided by your webhost, like phpMyAdmin to connect to the DB (the config data should be in /conf/_config.php). But from http://www.jennalex.com/blog/install/ it appears that maybe just this data got reset.

Conclusion: You seem to be "lucky" and justhave overwritten your /conf/_config.php file from the archive.

3 Jun 06, 2006 20:03

I'm on hold right now with my webhost and they are restoring my files, including the database to early this morning. So I should be ok. I would still like to upgrade to 0.9.2. I have been having a really difficult time with all the spam, and anything I can do to limit that, I would like to.

4 Jun 06, 2006 20:24

Please read "Conclusion" above again, and if you upgrade again, do not overwrite your /conf/_config.php file or use the /install/index.php tool after you overwrite it again, to fill in your database connection details.

Form is loading...