Recent Topics

1 Jun 08, 2006 12:54    

The title here pretty much explains everything. This is a support request as I've really no idea what's happened to my blog lately. I can access everything in the default blog through index.php and have full access to the admin. centre including writing to the other blogs, but cannot access them via the index.php/<blog name> URL. It did work at first, but the only thing that changed was a new skin added, and since then I've completely wiped and re-uploaded the blog from fresh. As it still doesn't work with one of the default skins for B2 0.9.2, could this be a scripting fault or server upset?

If it helps, the blog link is [url=http://www.mthomson.co.uk/blog/index.php]here[/url] - clicking onto other blogs will get that fault. I don't have any stub files installed and am doing nothing beyond what the admin panel seems to say I should.

UPDATE: Thanks to some very old links to my blog I think I have a better idea of the problem but still have no way to fix it. I can still access my blogs via the original IDs, i.e. with "blog=x" at the end of the URL, but it's the named versions introduced in the most recent updates I've had that are failing to work. How can I amend this?

2 Jun 08, 2006 17:48

What do you have in the box for "URL blog name / Stub name" for each blog? Also have you done anything with the index.php file from the installation's root directory? Can you show a few links that don't work?

EDIT: I just found a link that doesn't work - your list of blogs for example! I'm lost on this one...

3 Jun 08, 2006 18:54

I'll take bets that you're on a windows server and have ticked "use extra path info" in admin > settings ;)

¥

4 Jun 08, 2006 23:41

¥åßßå wrote:

I'll take bets that you're on a windows server and have ticked "use extra path info" in admin > settings ;)

¥

Brilliant! Yeah, that's the problem solved. Goes to show how misinformed one can get with little web server knowledge. Thanks muchly!

Form is loading...