Recent Topics

1 Jun 09, 2006 00:13    

I just installed the script for the blog (which is amazing in its simplicity) but I have encountered a rather strange problem. I have installed a few php scripts before so know the basics of interfile interactions. My locale is set to english UK (in the /locale folder there is no such directory but the commands are in english so no problem there). But when I login some of the commands are written in chinese. I have tried registering a new user and the registration page is fine but when it comes to the login page it comes up in chinese. This is not a problem as I speak chinese but for other this could is. I have also noticed that it happens with one other files and that is the forgot password file. The code for the login page (.../htrs/_login_form.php)

.....$page_title = T_('Login form');
$page_icon = 'icon_login.gif';
require(dirname(__FILE__).'/_header.php');

param( 'redirect_to', 'string', $ReqURI );
param( 'log', 'string', '' );		// last typed login

$location = $redirect_to;
debug_log( 'location: '.$location );
?>

<form action="<?php echo $location  ?>" method="post" class="fform">

<?php
		if( !empty($mode) )
		{	// We're in the process of bookmarkletting something, we don't want to loose it:
			param( 'text', 'html', '' );
			param( 'popupurl', 'html', '' );
			param( 'popuptitle', 'html', '' );
		?>
			<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="<?php echo format_to_output( $mode, 'formvalue' ) ?>" />
			<input type="hidden" name="text" value="<?php echo format_to_output( $text, 'formvalue' ) ?>" />
			<input type="hidden" name="popupurl" value="<?php echo format_to_output( $popupurl, 'formvalue' ) ?>" />
			<input type="hidden" name="popuptitle" value="<?php echo format_to_output( $popuptitle, 'formvalue' ) ?>" />
		<?php
		}
	?>

<fieldset>

<div class="center"><span class="notes"><?php printf( T_('You will have to accept cookies in order to log in.') ) ?></span></div>

<fieldset>
			<div class="label"><label for="log"><?php echo T_('Login:')  ?></label></div>
			<div class="input"><input type="text" name="log" id="log" size="16" maxlength="20" value="<?php echo format_to_output($log, 'formvalue'); ?>" class="large" /></div>
		</fieldset>

<fieldset>
			<div class="label"><label for="pwd"><?php echo T_('Password:')  ?></label></div>
			<div class="input"><input type="password" name="pwd" id="pwd" size="16" maxlength="20" value="" class="large" /></div>
		</fieldset>

<fieldset>
			<div class="input">
				<input type="submit" name="submit" value="<?php echo T_('Login:') ?>" class="search" />
			</div>
		</fieldset>
	</fieldset>
</form>

<div style="text-align:right">
<?php user_register_link( '', ' &middot; ' )?>
<a href="<?php echo $baseurl ?>"><?php echo T_('Go to Blogs') ?></a>
&middot;
<a href="<?php echo $htsrv_url ?>/login.php?action=lostpassword&amp;redirect_to=<?php echo urlencode( $redirect_to ) ?>"><?php echo T_('Lost your password ?') ?></a>
</div>

The funny thing is that

<a href="<?php echo $baseurl ?>"><?php echo T_('Go to Blogs') ?></a>

appears correctly. I know that according to the different langauage settings the code pulls the words from the locales files but in this case I am wanting to stop that.

I have managed to make a few alterations to correct the problem only temporarely. I have substituted parts of code with simple t_strings but if someone were to choose a different language they would have english in these places...

I have played a little more with the blog and I have encountered another problem. This time it is when I try and post a comment with out a email address or without a comment this is what comes up

ÎÞ·¨·¢±íÆÀÂÛ£¬ÇëÐ޸ĴíÎó£º

* ÇëÊäÈëÃû×Ö
* ÇëÊäÈëÓʼþµØÖ·
* Please do not send empty comment

[·µ»ØÆÀÂ۱༭Çø]

Some of the commands come up in english others do not. I am very confused as to why it is happening.

thanks

2 Jun 09, 2006 11:22

What's the default locale set to in admin > settings > regional ?

¥

4 Jun 09, 2006 13:13

Wierd, do you have a link to your blog ?

¥

5 Jun 09, 2006 13:26

certainly it is www.stocktalk.co.uk

As mentioned the login page now only has the one character as I replaced the code. This one is left as I am unsure what and how to change it.

Thanks

Form is loading...