Recent Topics

1 Jun 08, 2006 21:24    

I can't make up my mind, whether to open this story with "how bold can you get" or "just how stupid can you get" ... strong point for boldness somehow being related to shortsightedness, at any rate. The news isn't all too new, in fact it dates back to Dec 2005 and I just stumbled over it googling vor other stuff:

In a (german-spoken) post one [url=http://www.sixtus.net/pingserver.php?p=tb&id=672_0_1_0_C]Markus Sixtus here[/url] points out the activities of one particularly bold blog spammer - of whom Sixtus also lists all relevant information on his page, in case anybody were looking for inspiration. The guy was advertizing his services on AdSense and wound up showing on Technorati, heheh, which reminds me heartwarmingly of a scene in the Kentucky Fried Movie, heh; remember Rex Kramer? :D

In the coments of abovementioned post theres also one trackback leading to [url=http://blog.ranta.info/archives/38/where-does-all-the-blog-spam-come-from/trackback/]an english-spoken short rendition of the original dispatch[/url].

If this is wayyy to old to be tolerated up here please forgive me and just admin it away. I just couldn't believe my eyes. 8| - and thought it could be as fresh to some up here also. So, there.

Best, 'lex

2 Jun 08, 2006 22:06

RARELY do we "admin it away". You pretty much have to be a spammer to get wiped out. Here's a quote from this particular spammer I found funny:
spam site wrote:

It doesn't matter if it's 2:00 a.m. in the morning!

Okay but what if it is 2:00 a.m. in the afternoon? Duh...

So that's the type of thing those of us who battle the spammers are up against eh? Suddenly I feel like the battle is easily won :lol:

3 Jun 08, 2006 22:26

Heh, EdB,
did you note the line about the relation between boldness and ... duh?! :D

What if it is exactly their being mentally challenged that turns them out so brazen?! Well .... thinking about it .... certainly someone just has to educate 'em. ;)

Form is loading...