Recent Topics

1 Jun 11, 2006 20:06    

I have a quick question about the archives, and hopefully someone has a an answer.

On my website I have 2 blogs created. say blog 1 and blog 6(don't ask it got messed up somewhere).

Anyways, I can get the archives to show up in the first blog, but not the 2nd. How do I get it to display the archives for blog 6 in that particular blog, and keep blog 1 with just blog 1 archives? I am guessing it's something simple I can't find the exact documentation I'm looking for though.

I searched a little bit but it didn't look like someone has this 'exact' problem.

Thanks!! by the way the site is www.chriscata.com
Just something to do in my spare time and get a tryout with Mysql/PHP.

2 Jun 11, 2006 21:04

I'm seeing where blog 6 ("Daishim") does not have archives but blog 8 ("Chris Cata") does. The "Chris Cata" blog also has 'Misc' and 'Stay updated!' in the sidebar but "Daishim" does not. Therefore I'm gonna guess there is something a wee bit funky in your "custom2" skin.

I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with removing the (included) linkback to b2evolution. You know: the source of the free software you're using :roll:

3 Jun 15, 2006 17:55

Well the custom2 skin is pretty much copied from the original custom skin. That's why I was wondering what might be wrong.

As far as the linkback to b2evo I was trying to move it on the page and it hasn't bee fixed yet. It was there before, believe me, but when editing the skins it wasn't where I wanted it so I took it off, when I fix the rest of it it will be back there.

4 Jun 15, 2006 18:06

If you look at the source of http://chriscata.com/daishim.php you can see that it stops generating code after the search section. There's no ending body or html tag, it just stops. So, there must be an error that is halting the script. Your server must not be displaying php errors, or we would know what it was. My first thought was that the /skins/custom2/_archives.php file was missing, but [url=http://chriscata.com/skins/custom2/_archives.php]here[/url] it is. You might recopy it from the custom folder just to make sure it's a good copy.

Another way to test is to comment out the php require() statements for archives, then categories to see if that changes anything. Experimenting with that may help you find the culprit. But it almost has to be something with the archives, because that's the part of the page that is halting the script.

Form is loading...