Recent Topics

1 Jun 14, 2006 17:27    

I can't seem to figure this out. I don't want to have recent blogs on the main page of the blog. I would like to have a description of that part of the website only with no recent blogs showing there. Is there an easy way to do this? If I'm not being clear enough just let me know :D Thanks for any and all help as I really love this software!!

Adam

2 Jun 14, 2006 18:10

Hi Adam,

Do you want the normal sidebar stuff, but just have your description in the main part of the blog? If you don't want the normal blog sidebar stuff on that page (categories, archives, etc), then you could just rename the b2evolution index.php file to blog.php and then create your own index.php file that has your description and links to the blog.

If you do want to have the normal blog stuff on that page, but replace the posts with your description, then that can be done, too. I'll take you through the steps if you like. I'll need to know what version of b2evolution you're using.

3 Jun 14, 2006 18:18

I would like to keep the normal sidebar stuff and just have the description on the main part. I am using b2evo v 0.9.0.12

Thank you so much for your help!!

Adam

4 Jun 14, 2006 20:19

Ok, let me ask you one more question. How do you want people to get to the actual blog posts? Will they just have to click on a specific category or archive? Or do you want a link to anther page that shows the latest posts? Or do you want something in the sidebar showing the headlines of the last X posts?

5 Jun 14, 2006 20:29

To make it easier here is the link: http://www.thejediismway.org/blog/

I would like to have it just as it is but without the displaying the recent blog submissions and instead have only a descrtiption of that part of the site. I'm happy with the sidebar and top navigation bar as it already is. Hopefully seeing it makes it a little easier. Sorry if this is of no further help but hopefully it is!!

Adam

6 Jun 14, 2006 21:27

Ok, try this. Open up your _main.php file for your skin and find this part:

if( isset($MainList) ) while( $Item = $MainList->get_item() )
        {
                $MainList->date_if_changed();

Add in the part in the middle and put your description there.

if( isset($MainList) ) while( $Item = $MainList->get_item() )
        {
              if ( ($disp != 'single') and (empty($m)) and (empty($p)) and (empty($cat_array)) ) {
                        echo 'Description goes here';
                        break;
                }
                $MainList->date_if_changed();

7 Jun 14, 2006 21:39

Great, thank you sooo much. Exactly what I was looking for!!

Adam

Form is loading...