Recent Topics

1 Jun 28, 2006 16:51    

Hi,

I'm using b2evo 1.6 alpha.
When I add an image in a post, if the width too big, it desapears behind the roght column.
So, I modified my img.css like this :

div.image_block img {
	margin: 1ex;
	[color=red]width: 95%;[/color]
}

But with that, all image are streched.
So i want to ad a rule to test the image width.
If it's too big, then I modified the width and the height
If not, i don't modify anything.

But I can't find in wich PHP file I have to add this rule.

Who could tell me the right PHP file to modify ?

Thanks in advance.

2 Jun 28, 2006 17:26

totof,

I would recommend that you resize your pictures BEFORE you upload them. Here's why:

1) I can't see your blog layout, because you haven't provided a link. But a lot of layouts are "fixed width", meaning that they don't change width, even if a browser window is resized. If this is the case for you, chances are, there is a "maximum width" for an image ... above which, it will begin to disappear under the sidebar. Simply make a note of your maximum width and resize your pictures so they're never any wider than this.

2) The reason I say resize BEFORE is this: When you load a large image (and assuming you find a technique to resize it to be smaller), you're making visitors download the BIGGER image, but only letting them see something SMALLER. This is wasted bandwidth. If you resize the image to be smaller, the file size should be smaller and your page (filled with images properly resized) will load faster.

In addition to making the image smaller, you can also reduce the "quality", which (to a point) has no discernable impact on the screen, but a substantial impact on file size.

3) Another possiblity would be to use a CSS technique like [url=http://randsco.com/index.php/2006/04/10/photo_caption_zoom_version_3]this one[/url], which allows images (and captions) to overlay the sidebar, when you hover your mouse over them.

Hope this helps.

3 Jun 28, 2006 22:17

Thanks a lot.
I've added the web site URL in my profile.

I'll do that

Regards,

Totof

4 Jun 28, 2006 23:42

Stk,

I searched in the forum and found some tutorial by changing admin/b2upload.php but on my b2evo 1.6 alpha, I haven't this file.
So I can't do the hack.

Do you know a hack for 1.6 alpha ?

Thanks in advance

5 Jun 29, 2006 03:39

What's the tutorial? I'm running v1.6, as well.

I don't use upload, but I'll have a look at it, if you can point me to it. (Probably that the files have changes, as the functionality still exists).

6 Jun 29, 2006 23:19

To do anything with modifing/reading images with php you need the GD2 library installed.

You can accomplish what you want by making a renderer plugin, but then yeh it gets messy, stick with stk's suggestion.

7 Jul 18, 2006 11:56

Stk,

Sorry to not answer you before, but I had no time to work on my blog these last weeks.
The tutorial I told about is this one :

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=1804

If you could explain me how to modify the code of my b2evo to resize pictures when they are posted, it should be very nice

Regards,

Totof

8 Jul 28, 2006 17:42

Hi,

I've just migrated from 1.6 to 1.8
It seems like the file thet is used to create the upload UI is : "$HOME/inc/VIEW/files_files_upload.inc.php"

The method T('Upload') is used to upload the selected image.

So, I think that I have to modify the upload script that is called by this method to resize the image.
But I can't fin which script is used to upload.

If anyone could help me.

Regards.

Form is loading...