Recent Topics

1 Jul 09, 2006 01:48    

When I try to install b2evolution, after I put in the sql server information and it tries to write to the config file, I get this error on my webserver:

CGI / FastCGI has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Any ideas how to fix it?

2 Jul 09, 2006 02:48

One thing you can do to get around this issue is to edit the file on your PC then upload it to your server. 4 lines for your database connection info, 1 line for your base URL, 1 line for your admin email id, and change $config_is_done to 1. Typically the file you care about is conf/_config.php BTW.

3 Jul 09, 2006 02:57

Configured it manually and I still get the error. When I click on any link in the setup page, install menu, go to blogs, go to admin. I get the error. If I click on phpinfo I have no problem.... Could it be the version of php i have installed. My server is running the following, MySQL 5.0.22, Apache 2.2, PHP5

4 Jul 09, 2006 03:20

It could be something about your server, including this "FastCGI" thing, but all I know about servers is summed up with 'they exist'. We gotta hope someone smart comes along and helps out here.

(watch me do my smart person call)

HEY SMART PEOPLE! WE GOT A SMART PERSON QUESTION HERE THAT ONLY A SMART PERSON CAN ANSWER!!!

(smart people are like moths: they can't resist the attraction of a porch light or a smart person server question)

(I hope we don't get a bunch of moths fluttering about)

5 Jul 09, 2006 19:14

*looks at moth suit ..... complete with realistic wings*

Urm, errr, hmmmm *grabs an EdB late afternoon special* ...... urm

Have you checked the permissions on all of your folders?

Lame I know, but it's all I can think of at the moment ....... and I only wanted to grab an EdB afternoon special really ;)

¥

6 Jul 10, 2006 18:22

txagg2007, are you using a Windows IIS server?

I'd say that it's more a general PHP error and not related to b2evolution. I'm using FastCGI myself, but with Apache 2.0.x and under Linux.

Have you tried other scripts, apart from b2evo and the phpinfo page?

Given that the phpinfo page loads fine means that PHP should be installed correctly.

Strange.

Form is loading...