Recent Topics

1 Jul 10, 2006 23:07    

Can you just tell me where I can go in the code to just take trackbacks off of my site?

I am tired also of trackback spam. I think the best thing would be to do is to just delete the code that displays the link for trackbacks.

I want to remove the whole trackback system. Can you help?

I have 0.9.1

2 Jul 10, 2006 23:29

I would recomend upgrading to the v1.8-beta release (released yesterday).
As it is 'stable', and has many updates to the antispam system.

If you still need to do turn off trackbacks that bad when using the v1.8-beta release, then you can do so simply by turning trackbacks off within the backoffice.

If you do not want to upgrade to the v1.8-beta you have a lot of hacking to do, and you can find the steps to do so by searching the forum.

3 Jul 10, 2006 23:47

Where to download 1.8 ?

And 1.8 is a big jump from 0.9.1, is the upgrade a major one that requires all new files? (All old deleted and new ones installed)

balupton wrote:

I would recomend upgrading to the v1.8-beta release (released yesterday).
As it is 'stable', and has many updates to the antispam system.

If you still need to do turn off trackbacks that bad when using the v1.8-beta release, then you can do so simply by turning trackbacks off within the backoffice.

If you do not want to upgrade to the v1.8-beta you have a lot of hacking to do, and you can find the steps to do so by searching the forum.

4 Jul 11, 2006 01:03

1.8 is a MAJOR step up that will require total deletion and re-installation, re-doing your skin if you have a personalized skin, and won't stop trackback spammers. You're probably better off upgrading to 0.9.2 just because and turning off trackbacks in each blog.

6 Jul 14, 2006 14:32

Hexaspammer stops trackback spam dead in its tracks.

Form is loading...