Recent Topics

1 Jul 10, 2006 23:43    

Ok - I know this has to be simple, and the question must be ask and answered here. But I am having one of those days....

I want to insert a background image in the body protion of the custom skin and have it repeat / tile.

The image is located: img/blog-bgrnd.gif

Here is the code that is currently in place:

body { background: #CCFF99 url(img/bg.png) repeat-y 50% 0;
padding: 0px;
margin: 0px;
color: #000;
font: 84% Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}

I just want to kill the color, and add the image. Nothing I have done is working.

DEL

2 Jul 11, 2006 04:26

A link would definitely help here. Where is the site/page that's showing the problem?

Off the cuff, maybe another element, INSIDE the body element, which takes up the same space, has a background color defined, that is overlaying (and hiding) the background image for the body element?

Just a guess.

4 Jul 11, 2006 23:13

Green background is easily removed, just change:

body {
	background:#CCFF99  url(img/bg.png) repeat-y 50% 0; 
}

to be

body {
	background: url(img/bg.png) repeat-y 50% 0;
}

The background image will be a tad more difficult, seeing as how you're already using a background image for the body element (bg.png). I see three possible solutions:

Option 1 ) Modify bg.png, which is repeated vertically, to incorporate a background image (plus the existing, grey side shadows). Hint ... it will have to be VERY WIDE.

Option 2 ) Immediately after the body tag, utilize a <div id="wrapper"> in which you deploy the bg.png and utilize another background image (might conflict a tad with the grey shading, unless you design it 'just so')

Option 3 ) Deploy a bg image of your choice for the body element and wrap a DIV, with a fixed width, around the main blog, using a padding left/right and the shading bg image).

Bottom line: you can do what you want, but because it involves multiple bg images, it can be a tad tricky. The key is remembering that each element can have only ONE bg image.

Hope this helps.

Form is loading...