Recent Topics

1 Jul 17, 2006 04:11    

Ok, A link to

http://yourdomain.com/msgform&recipient_id=1

displays an ideal Contact Admin form.
The input field validation redirect works however it doesn't display the nice green Message Sent confirmation message.

Any suggestions on how to get this ADMIN SPECIFIC ( Not Post or Comment specific) version of the msgform to display the Message Sent confirmation.

Thanks
John

2 Jul 17, 2006 16:46

I use a differently coded link, but since I never contacted myself from it I don't know if the confirmation happens. Visit my blog then my flightblog and see if the link under all the posts gives you a confirmation or not.

<p><a href="(my base url)index.php?disp=msgform&recipient_id=1">contact me? yeah sure. whatever.</a></p>

I'm not sure why I have "index.php" in there, but, I do!

3 Jul 17, 2006 17:12

Mmmm you have bigger problems than I do.
All I get is the header for your contact form but no form.

Have you included msgform.php in your Nifty skin folder?

4 Jul 17, 2006 17:30

No, and in fact I pretty much haven't tested my old skins I'm using in any detail. Now I know of a flaw I gotta correct! Be right back...

5 Jul 17, 2006 18:06

Cool. I fixed a couple of my skins, so now all the message forms work, and I think I might know what you need in yours to get the message displayed. If it's not because you're not using "disp=msgform" in your link maybe you need this bit in your skin's _main.php file:

<div class="bPosts">
<?php // MESSAGES GENERATED FROM ACTIONS
$Messages->disp( );
?>

It is in the custom skin in v1.8, and there is a bit of styling done in that skin's css file, so it's another thing to look for.

6 Jul 17, 2006 21:15

Thanks EdB,
Though I do have that in my _main.php

I guess I'll just have to dig further

7 Jul 17, 2006 21:52

Ding Ding!!

Seems like it's a browser issue.
It works in my Firefox 2 only if I do a hard refresh.
It works in Opera 9 and IE7 simply by clicking "Send Message" as it should.

8 Jul 18, 2006 03:17

Ok, I'm going to report this in the Bug forum and at Mozzila.org as the problem occurs using released and beta versions of Firefox on both Windows and Mac.

Form is loading...