Recent Topics

1 Jul 20, 2006 23:19    

I think b2 is perfect with multiply blogs, but I miss the only password function that is available on WP.

I want to be able to create basic users with no privilegies except being able to read all the blogs, or the blogs I check that I want them to read.

For example!

I have blog one (locked)
blog two (unlocked)
blog three (locked in another language)

And I want some of the people to be able to read the locked blog, but not the locked blog in another language)

So when they come to the page, they have to scoll down, login, and then they will be able to read the ALL blog, the open blog and one of the locked blogs.

Is that possible for me to do? If so, how?

Thanks!
//Lisa

2 Jul 20, 2006 23:37

Yes - very possible. On your "blog settings" tab you make the user a member of the blogs you want them to see, but you don't give them posting permission of any kind. You then make it a point to post 'protected' in the protected blog(s). That's the part you'll have to remember: click the 'protected' radio button when you post. The user's login credentials are the method by which protected posts are kept invisible to the outside world.

3 Jul 21, 2006 08:26

EdB wrote:

Yes - very possible. On your "blog settings" tab you make the user a member of the blogs you want them to see, but you don't give them posting permission of any kind. You then make it a point to post 'protected' in the protected blog(s). That's the part you'll have to remember: click the 'protected' radio button when you post. The user's login credentials are the method by which protected posts are kept invisible to the outside world.

Ohhh, is it that simple. I never looked if there was any options like that at, the different blogs I have.

As soon as my server decide to start up again, so I can go in an look at it, I will try, and I let you know if it worked out for me.

Thanks!!!
//Lisa

Form is loading...