Recent Topics

1 Jul 20, 2006 17:38    

Installtion went ok and all has been working AOK. On July 14th it just stoped. All files are there, MySql Database says OK. When you log on it says page can't be displayed.

http://www.woodworlds.com/b2/blogs

I am not a php person so I am a little lost here. Beacuse everyhting has work so well we reported the problem to our host. They said it's a scripting problem...And I'd almost by that except for one thing. We have in another area of the site another php program which also does not work and quit the same day (it's a photo gallery). We do have two other php programs that are very simple and do require Mysql etc. and they work. I did check Mysql thru Cpanel and it says it ok and does contain data. There is one bit of data I don't recognize it's a post comment from a drug company. Could we have been crashed by a spammer? :'(

We have had NO errors acording to the error log since back in June. Those were our fault in twesking and setting the blog up. We have 78posts and 10 comments and don't wan to loose data.

http://www.woodworlds.com/b2/blogs/all.html will bring up the html file of the blog and you can see all was well.

Any help is welcome...as I am at a stand still here of not knowing what to do. I can on most days follow directions... :-/

Thankx :)

2 Jul 20, 2006 19:06

Just off the top of my head it sounds like your host is assuming they're smarter than you and blaming something on their end on something in your code. I say this because you have two programs that stopped working. I'd be asking my host: do you mean a scripting problem with my scripts, because if so the same problem showed up in two different scripts at the same exact time. Or did you mean a problem on you're end? If so when will it be fixed?

The spammer comment is probably nothing more than a spammer comment.

You can see your database so get a backup! Both a "cpanel - backup" and a "cpanel - phpmyadmin - export" copy. In the second click on select all then check the box for export as file. You never know which version will be usefull when you change hosts ...

3 Jul 24, 2006 16:37

Fatal error: out of dynamic memory in yy_create_buffer() in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/b2evocore/_main.php on line 97

We are still down. Tech support(@ipower) has never answered me back. This morning instead of page not found it produces the above error. I am no rocket sciencetist but we were configured for one skin and useing its _main.php. I fail to see how this error comes up.

The second thing is we still have the other script which does not work like the blog...but yet runs on another server. I don't believe we have a scripting problem.

I did as you said and backup and exported the data from the data base under MySql.

THEY are saying (I guess) that its a scripting problem...please help. How can I convince them?

BTW Thank You for you help and quick response! :D

:-/

4 Jul 24, 2006 22:11

What's in line 97 in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/b2evocore/_main.php?

From a quick google it may be a FreeBSD problem..

Have you tried raising memory_limit in php.ini / .htaccess (if PHP is running as a module)?

5 Jul 24, 2006 23:18

As I stated in a previous post I am not really a php person but I'll try. Is the php .ini file in the blog folder or do I do this in php admin under Cpanel? :(

Yes this server has / uses FreeBSD. As reported b4 everything was and has been fine. No problems untill last sunday then it started reporting page not found when the blog is call by the url. After complaining to the host provider we now get the scripting error I reported. They (the host) is convinced we have a scripting problem...I am not.

Thankx for the help! I will get right on it.
We'll let you know if it works...

THANKX AGAIN! :)

Late breaking new to report! Finally got live chat with tech at host. It sounds like they finally believe that it's a host and not a scripting problem. Since we had two scripts that failed the same day. One of the scripts is a photo album with uploads etc. Since I took the script (could not so this with B2) and copied it to another Ipower server where it worked and emailed them the link I finally got someones attention. They NOW say they workingon it and want to also make sure it does not happen again.

Sorry to have troubled you...but only had there word to go on. I can tell you the answers I got here we prompt and good info.

Will keep you advised...BTW We have enjoyed b2 and look foreward to the new version.

THANKX :)

6 Jul 25, 2006 00:31

I'm glad it seems to get solved, hopefully.

Out of interest, though:
What's in line 97 in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/b2evocore/_main.php?

7 Jul 25, 2006 01:12

require_once( dirname(__FILE__).'/_class_settings.php' );

The above is line 97 from the _main.php file

Hope this helps...
lcdude

8 Jul 25, 2006 19:19

This is no b2evo problem, but probably you're on a virtual server and your process/environment has not enough memory available.

It's strange though, that the error appears always on that line(?) - may be a FreeBSD problem/bug.

Sorry, but your host seems to have caused this/has to fix it.

9 Jul 27, 2006 17:04

Thank you for contacting IPOWER Technical Support.

We are sorry for the inconvenience faced by you . We suggest you to check the index.php code under the blogs folder or contact your webdeveloper to resolve your issue .

We have waited till now assuming they would fix our problem. After all this time they are back to saying its the blog...our INDEX.PHP file is attached.

I have attached our index.php file from the blogs folder. I am sure you'll say theres nothing wrong with it and I will agree. I need to be able to tell them its NOT the b2 blog.

Thankx
Lcdude >:(

More Info: I called tech support and told them I did not believe it was a B2 problem and also that I had another script quit the same day. I had the tech go to the other site to see that the script works there, but not on our site. I think he was amazed! I said after almost 2 weeks does that mean will get fixed? (See first post)

He would report it...
And thats where it stands now... >:(

Form is loading...