Recent Topics

1 Jul 22, 2006 02:43    

Well, I've managed to add my extra fields in b2evolution v. 0.9.2. If anyone cares, you can see all the info here:
http://moonchild.ch/sales/index.php?blog=14
Check out some of the other blogs while you're at it. It's been a ton of work, but I'm having a blast. I only learned what a blog is about two weeks ago, so pardon any imperfections, but I'm thrilled that I even got the search function to include my new fields. The best working example can be seen on the [url=http://moonchild.ch/sales/index.php?blog=7]Used Books blog[/url].

Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to offer any comments! = >

2 Aug 25, 2006 00:45

I read your blog and it makes no sense to me. I am pretty good at HTML but lost with PHP and CSS. I have been able to modify my skin to do what I want ie: www.realtycolorado.com/blog

However, I want to add a few fields to the blog site that can be input from the Blog Write screen and displayed on my site. Do you have any suggestions how I can accomplish this?

Dave

3 Aug 25, 2006 14:36

Dave,
It's really not that easy, and if you are "lost with PHP" it will be difficult for you to find those inevitable little mistakes that mess everything up! Especially since you are using a newer version, my blog may not help you at all. I don't know.
But since it makes no sense, I will try to explain. First of all, you have to add the fields to your database. For working with my SQL database, I use myPhpAdmin. I don't know about any other database management tools--neither what they are nor how to use them.
My blog includes a separate post for each b2evolution file that has to be edited. Each post includes the relevant code, with text that I've *added* shown in red, and text that I've *altered* shown in blue. The posts are listed (linked) at the top of the blog, and are also available through the categories, grouped by folder. You would have to add or alter the relevant code in each file, then adjust it for version 1.8.1. I'm not familiar with that version, so I can't help you with that at all.

Sorry I can't be more encouraging. An easy alternative would be to include the additional info in the text area of your posts, enclosed in the same html tags each time for uniformity.

Form is loading...