Recent Topics

1 Jul 24, 2006 21:59    

I am brand new to writing code. With the help of MS code I found on the internet I was able to create a logon form in FrontPage. It has two fields that check user_name and password against an Access database1. If OK, it saves the user_name as a session variable and directs the person to a FrontPage survey form. The survey form greets the person to say “Welcome (session variable name) along with several form field questions that save back to database2.

I will have several different school districts logging in with their user_name and password and using the same survey. What I’d like to do is when they log in, save that session variable user_name along with their answers back to database2 (create a new record for each person). I have a field called “district” set up to collect which district logged in, but I don’t know how to save the session variable user_name to the district field in the database.

What would the code be, where would I put this code (survey form) and what part: in the body?

HELP, HELP! I’m brand new to this & way over my head.

Thanks!
:oops: :oops: [b][/b]

Form is loading...