Recent Topics

1 Aug 10, 2006 15:08    

Ok when the blog system sends an email to the user with the registration validation link ...it says b2evo@mysite.come

how can change this "b2evo" to watever i want

i know nothing about php ... so sorry i know its a most basic thing

2 Aug 10, 2006 16:56

conf/_advanced.php, you should find a section similar to this (depending on your evo version), just set it to the email addy you want ;)

/**
 * Default email address for sending notifications (comments, trackbacks,
 * user registrations...).
 * Set a custom address like this:
 * <code>$notify_from = 'b2evolution@your_server.com';</code>
 * Alternatively you can use this automated address generation (which removes "www." from
 * the beginning of $basehost):
 * <code>$notify_from = $instance_name.'@'.preg_replace( '/^www\./i', '', $basehost );</code>
 * @global string Default: $instance_name.'@'.$basehost;
 */
$notify_from = $instance_name.'@'.preg_replace( '/^www\./i', '', $basehost );

¥

3 Feb 12, 2007 22:56

I would like to do this to but I can't figure out where to put my email address in the above example.

Can you show me an example of what the code should look like with a different email address?

4 Feb 13, 2007 01:04

¥åßßå wrote:

conf/_advanced.php, you should find a section similar to this (depending on your evo version), just set it to the email addy you want ;)
/**
* Default email address for sending notifications (comments, trackbacks,
* user registrations...).
* Set a custom address like this:
* <code>$notify_from = 'b2evolution@your_server.com';</code>
* Alternatively you can use this automated address generation (which removes "www." from
* the beginning of $basehost):
* <code>$notify_from = $instance_name.'@'.preg_replace( '/^www\./i', '', $basehost );
* @global string Default: $instance_name.'@'.$basehost;
*/
$notify_from = $instance_name.'@'.preg_replace( '/^www\./i', '', $basehost );[/php]

¥

The dev team are way ahead of me at providing examples ;)

¥

Form is loading...