Recent Topics

1 Sep 26, 2006 12:39    

I've read the stuff on the site but please forgive me for seeking reassurance (TLC) here before going ahead and doing this. I have created a site using the Summer Beta and I want to upgrade to 1.8.2

It's my understanding that I just copy the files across - no reinstalling or anything. Is that right?

Also - I used the Custom Skin as a basis to create my own. I notice tehre were various developers comments in the main.php - has anything changed about this file or can I just continue to use what I have

Thanks

3 Sep 30, 2006 10:20

I'm a bit clearer but not totally. I see I'll have to overwrite main.php and redo my customisations. I've backed up my mysql (but blogged some more so gotta do it again)

What I'm trying to figure is doI need to go from 1.8 to 1.8.1 and then to 1.8.2 ie two upgrades or can I just upload the 1.8.2 chaged files - will this then miss out some 1.8.1. changed files.

Sorry if this seems stoopid - just that I spent ages converting my HTML site to run in B2EVO Summer Beta and I'd hate to blow it up

4 Sep 30, 2006 11:01

you can allways upgrade to the latest version..
no need to go through 1.8.1

5 Sep 30, 2006 11:28

OK Thanks

I'm getting a little confused about the changed files. Is there any reason why I shouldn't upload the entire B2 1.8.2 after backing up my MySQL other than it will take a little longer than just teh changed files

6 Sep 30, 2006 15:40

the best is allways to upload all files in a new version...

only uploading changed files is for 'lazy' ;) people

Form is loading...