Recent Topics

1 Sep 29, 2006 00:24    

Hi, I just spent the last week researching multi blog software and i think b2evolution is the way to go. Below is what I'm looking to do can anyone tell me if there is anything here that B2Evolution cannot do.

1) MultiBlogging - different blogs running from one installation, each blog will have a different template
2) Comments - Can these be set to be read by an administrator before they go live.
3) Ability to disable talkback and pingbacks.

Basically i'm going to have several different sites each with unique designs to each have their own blog. Each of these sites get a large amount of hits. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Sep 29, 2006 00:41

1) MultiBlogging - different blogs running from one installation, each blog will have a different template

Yes. It's been that way since forever with b2evolution. Blog #1 is an aggregator blog, meaning everything in every blog shows up on blog #1. The default skin for each blog can be different, and each blog can enable or disable skin switching.

2) Comments - Can these be set to be read by an administrator before they go live.

Yes. Comments can be on, off, on or off on a post-by-post basis, and if they're on they can be set to 'draft' status initially. This is a per-blog setting.

3) Ability to disable talkback and pingbacks.

Yes. b2evolution ships with trackbacks enabled, but both can be on or off for each blog. I set all mine to off figuring it cuts the spam a whole bunch.

Form is loading...