Recent Topics

1 Sep 29, 2006 08:47    

Blog #1 is an aggregator blog, meaning everything in every blog shows up on blog #1.

You can also choose not to display a blog in the public blog list, this will also not display it's contents in blog #1.

2 Sep 29, 2006 07:29

That's not right. Posts will ALWAYS show up in the bloggregator. If you don't include a blog in the bloglist that's all you get from that function - it stays out of the list of blogs. If you don't include the bloglist then that blog has no list of blogs, but either way posts will show up in blog #1.

3 Sep 29, 2006 07:46

We'll i'll be dammed!

Is there a way make it behave the way i said above? Or to eliminate blog #1 completely? As this is quite a problem for me...

4 Sep 29, 2006 08:32

AFAIK this can not be done. Well, I sort of think there was a groovy hack back in the day that hid certain posts from the bloggregator but I don't recall it or have linkage. In fact I'm not even sure the hack in my mind did this. It did *something* with hiding from blog #1, but only partially sorta sure it hid the actual post. Like maybe it hid a post (or a category?) from sidebar listing on blog #1.

My understanding is that somewhere off in the future we will have a method to decide which blog if any will be the bloggregator blog. Between now and then it's all there.

5 Sep 29, 2006 08:51

you can use a trick ; (don't we all use tricks to accomplish things ?)

I have a skin where I change the backgroundcolor of a post depending on the blog it is in.
So I suppose you can easaly adapt this to not show a post in blog 1 when it belongs to a sertain blog.
Using display:none in the css
or if-else statements...

since 1.8.1 version you can actualy check for the blognumber.
Before you could only check for the categorynumber.

Form is loading...